Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    installed the service today after the 1.3.5.1 update to take this for a spin, but it somehow nuked my cellular data uplink. i thought i was headed for a date with the WebOS Doctor, but service removal plus a full reboot brought the cell data functionality back to life (tried java and luna restarts first, to no avail). the next time i installed, it worked fine. ???

now that everything's working, i'm a big fan. i definitely like it better than the "white screen" type of flashlight and the led-comes-on-at-app-start is a must-have feature, glad you added it. extra thumb up for using the gpl, which is why i chose to install this over jason's led torch app. thank you, pregame.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclben View Post
    installed the service today after the 1.3.5.1 update to take this for a spin, but it somehow nuked my cellular data uplink.
    The dialog box you click to consent to the Java restart says that it will do exactly this. Just wait until the signal bars return.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    installed the service today after the 1.3.5.1 update to take this for a spin, but it somehow nuked my cellular data uplink. i thought i was headed for a date with the WebOS Doctor, but service removal plus a full reboot brought the cell data functionality back to life (tried java and luna restarts first, to no avail). the next time i installed, it worked fine. ???

now that everything's working, i'm a big fan. i definitely like it better than the "white screen" type of flashlight and the led-comes-on-at-app-start is a must-have feature, glad you added it. extra thumb up for using the gpl, which is why i chose to install this over jason's led torch app. thank you, pregame.

A reboot will usually fix an infinite loop of the java service restarting as well.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thank you for this very nice app. This is the first app I have put on either of my PREs that I actually needed. Being able to use Preware was a must since webos quick install wont work on my PRE after the 1.3.5 webos update.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noszero View Post
    Thank you for this very nice app. This is the first app I have put on either of my PREs that I actually needed. Being able to use Preware was a must since webos quick install wont work on my PRE after the 1.3.5 webos update.
    webos 2.96 works with 1.3.5

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    A reboot will usually fix an infinite loop of the java service restarting as well.
    An infinite loop makes sense. I didn't know that ever happened. I was pretty freaked out for a while when the data connection wasn't coming back up. It was probably 15 minutes or so before I finally thought to reboot the phone. Good to know for the future. :-)
    is there going to be one for the pixi?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwithout.tech View Post
    is there going to be one for the pixi?
    Have you tried to see if this works on the pixi? Does the pixi have an LED? If so please reach out to me and we can work via IRC to determine a solution for the pixi.

by LED i hope u mean the camera flash, then yes
    the app doesnt work on pixi
    anyway we can work on that?
    Yes it is. It will be in Precentral feeds today.

What version are you trying to uninstall? How are you installing it? Preware? Load the LEDManager first, it will then restart java at which time you can install myFlashlight. If you have installed them and it still doesn't work try a reboot. Java takes about 20-60 seconds to restart.

Yes, I leave the switch in, incase you just wish to turn off the light for a brief moment.

There are many more updates to come! Stay tuned and follow on twitter.
    Have you tried to see if this works on the pixi? Does the pixi have an LED? If so please reach out to me and we can work via IRC to determine a solution for the pixi.
    PreGame, I suppose I should have let you know I am on a Pixi.

I have LED Manager Service and My Flashlight installed and it does not work.

Let me know if I can assist.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    An infinite loop makes sense. I didn't know that ever happened. I was pretty freaked out for a while when the data connection wasn't coming back up. It was probably 15 minutes or so before I finally thought to reboot the phone. Good to know for the future. :-)
    I uninstalled the LED manager service yesterday (trying to pinpoint the cause of a glitch) and my data connection did not come back until I completely rebooted the phone. My voice connection came up just like normal though, as it did the last time. It appears this wasn't a one-time issue. Everything worked normally when I reinstalled the service later in the day.

I have no clue what's causing this problem. It's certainly not a show-stopper and I'm not trying to whine or b*tch; I just want to let you know there is in fact a recurring problem. If there is anything I can do to help pinpoint the cause, let me know.
    I uninstalled the LED manager service yesterday (trying to pinpoint the cause of a glitch) and my data connection did not come back until I completely rebooted the phone. My voice connection came up just like normal though, as it did the last time. It appears this wasn't a one-time issue. Everything worked normally when I reinstalled the service later in the day.

I have no clue what's causing this problem. It's certainly not a show-stopper and I'm not trying to whine or b*tch; I just want to let you know there is in fact a recurring problem. If there is anything I can do to help pinpoint the cause, let me know.
    That's really strange, cause it uses the same techniques to install and remove the service as Preware's Package Manager Service does.

If you can get a command line on the Pre, and talk to folks in the #webos-internals IRC channel, then we could debug it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!

You can install the app itself, but the LED will NOT light up unless you install the DBUS service jar running as root from a command line!

The IPK is therefore useless! Do not even bother with it, as it will do absolutely nothing.

Note: All the "type:" instructions below mean to type everything as seen between the quotes, not including the quotes, then hit enter.

Again; here are the working instructions:
    1. ROOT your Pre. Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    2. Login to your Pre using your favorite terminal.
    3. Make sure you are running as root (type: "su -")
    4. cd to root (type: "cd /")
    5. Make sure the filesystem is RW (type: "rootfs_open -t")
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar")
    7. Untar it. (type: "tar -xvf flashlight.tar")
    8. now reboot and logout. (type: "reboot", then "exit", then "exit")

When your Pre comes back up, the flashlight should work if you have done everything correctly.
    As you said , i have installed the file & started the service.
    its Working on emulator.
    But how to add it in a package(.ipk), so that user doesn't have to install it separately on device
    Quote Originally Posted by mandarmuthe View Post
    As you said , i have installed the file & started the service.
    its Working on emulator.
    But how to add it in a package(.ipk), so that user doesn't have to install it separately on device
    http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar contains a security vulnerability. Do not install it.

Install the Flashlight using Preware. It will remove any security vulnerabilities caused by installing the above file.

-- Rod
    test
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar contains a security vulnerability. Do not install it.

Install the Flashlight using Preware. It will remove any security vulnerabilities caused by installing the above file.

-- Rod
    Is there any other way to install the service com.pregame.prelease with installation file of the application(.ipk)?
    So that I can delete the files from /media/internal dir from program.
    And user doesn't have to install the service by himself.
    Last edited by mandarmuthe; 01/13/2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Is there any other way to install the service com.pregame.prelease with installation file of the application(.ipk)?
    So that I can delete the files from /media/internal dir from program.
    And user doesn't have to install the service by himself.
    PreGame has released a new version of the Flashlight, and it is in Preware.

Do not do manual installs of ipks.

com.pregame.prelease is no longer used - it was renamed in the new version due to the security problem caused by lunaware.com

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    PreGame has released a new version of the Flashlight, and it is in Preware.

Do not do manual installs of ipks.

com.pregame.prelease is no longer used - it was renamed in the new version due to the security problem caused by lunaware.com

-- Rod
    May I know the new name.
    Is it essential to use service com.pregame.prelease to delete the files?.
    Is there any alternative?
    Is it possible to delete a file , without using com.pregame.prelease?
    Is it possible to delete a file , without using com.pregame.prelease?
    Plug the Pre into your computer and use USB mode to delete a file from /media/internal.

-- Rod