Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 582
  1. #501  
    That is not the application that this thread is about.

    I wonder why Jason didn't just help port PreGame's original My Flashlight (an open source application) to 1.3.5 instead of writing his own closed source version ...

    Anyway, the original My Flashlight will be installable from Preware later today.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #502  
    Pregame's flashlight is in Preware now.
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is not the application that this thread is about.

    I wonder why Jason didn't just help port PreGame's original My Flashlight (an open source application) to 1.3.5 instead of writing his own closed source version ...

    Anyway, the original My Flashlight will be installable from Preware later today.

    -- Rod
    Pregame's original app WAS closed source as far as I was told way back when. My service has an open api and does more than just flashlight access. In fact, I annouced I was creating an updated flashlight applications days before Pregame messaged me yesterday, when everything was pretty well finished. And given I was the only one who updated Pregame's MyFlashlight prior, and you yourself told me to use a different appID, I figured might as well release my own app. No disrespect to PreGame, I just had it ready and figured I'd release what I had, especially as PreGame yesterday agreed to support my SysToolsMgr service.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Pregame's original app WAS closed source as far as I was told way back when. My service has an open api and does more than just flashlight access. In fact, I annouced I was creating an updated flashlight applications days before Pregame messaged me yesterday, when everything was pretty well finished. And given I was the only one who updated Pregame's MyFlashlight prior, and you yourself told me to use a different appID, I figured might as well release my own app. No disrespect to PreGame, I just had it ready and figured I'd release what I had, especially as PreGame yesterday agreed to support my SysToolsMgr service.
    It's all good - more apps from all the leading homebrew authors is always a good thing :-)

    -- Rod
  5. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #505  
    I don't know coding so I can't tell from what's been done - but do you control in this program what current is applied to the LED? Or do you know what it is?

    My concern (as someone who works with LED thermal management) is whether the LED can dissipate the heat at steady state with this current, versus the flash transient which is probably less stressful thermally. When you design a flash, you just need to handle a short transient. If you run the same current at steady state, the junction temperature will be much higher - and possibly damage the LED or shorten its life.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    I don't know coding so I can't tell from what's been done - but do you control in this program what current is applied to the LED? Or do you know what it is?

    My concern (as someone who works with LED thermal management) is whether the LED can dissipate the heat at steady state with this current, versus the flash transient which is probably less stressful thermally. When you design a flash, you just need to handle a short transient. If you run the same current at steady state, the junction temperature will be much higher - and possibly damage the LED or shorten its life.
    I'm 99.9% sure It is a constant 100 mA.
  7. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #507  
    it is 100mA constant. I find this to be the most stable as i have used it for SEVERAL minutes without my pre getting warm or anything. Playing with the mA "COULD" affect the pre's battery and warranty.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  8. #508  
    I'm sure the real joy of posting a homebrew app is the avalanche of "You should"'s that follow!

    I like your app so much that it's inspired me to put up my first forum post in the form of an RFE:

    It seems like two big improvements that could be had would be:

    1) To have a preference setting that causes the LED to come on immediately when that app starts, and then turns off when the app exits.

    2) A much smaller app could be launched first that does nothing more than check to see if the above preference is turned on (by checking for the existence of a hidden file, or something of that sort), and if so, first turn the LED on and then start the main program.

    Thanks for a simple but very useful app!
  9. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvsfbarea View Post
    I'm sure the real joy of posting a homebrew app is the avalanche of "You should"'s that follow!

    I like your app so much that it's inspired me to put up my first forum post in the form of an RFE:

    It seems like two big improvements that could be had would be:

    1) To have a preference setting that causes the LED to come on immediately when that app starts, and then turns off when the app exits.

    2) A much smaller app could be launched first that does nothing more than check to see if the above preference is turned on (by checking for the existence of a hidden file, or something of that sort), and if so, first turn the LED on and then start the main program.

    Thanks for a simple but very useful app!
    Your suggestion has been taken and I will work that into my next release . I love the idea!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  10. #510  
    I love this app. But is the new version uninstallable, or is it going to continue to reappear after deletion, every time I restart my Pre?
  11. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I love this app. But is the new version uninstallable, or is it going to continue to reappear after deletion, every time I restart my Pre?
    The new version is uninstallable and infact removes the old version. Because the old version was installed via rooting it is harder to remove. By installing the updated "LEDManager" that will remove both the prelease plugin and the old flashlight.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  12. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #512  
    I have added the feature requested. When you now open the application it will automatically turn on the light then turn it off when you close the application.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  13. #513  
    is this in preware yet??
  14. #514  
    I haven't had any luck getting this working. I have uninstalled the manager service and flashlight app many times to no avail.
  15. #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I have added the feature requested. When you now open the application it will automatically turn on the light then turn it off when you close the application.
    Very nice. I loaded and preferred LED Torch, but this new on/off option has made MyFlashLight number #1 again for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #516  
    Like the new update that takes the extra step out for us and it works the way it should work. Since you added the auto off/on feature is the button needed anymore?
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Like the new update that takes the extra step out for us and it works the way it should work. Since you added the auto off/on feature is the button needed anymore?
    I'd say yes, because the toggle is much quicker to respond than stopping and starting an application.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
       #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    is this in preware yet??
    Yes it is. It will be in Precentral feeds today.

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I haven't had any luck getting this working. I have uninstalled the manager service and flashlight app many times to no avail.
    What version are you trying to uninstall? How are you installing it? Preware? Load the LEDManager first, it will then restart java at which time you can install myFlashlight. If you have installed them and it still doesn't work try a reboot. Java takes about 20-60 seconds to restart.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Like the new update that takes the extra step out for us and it works the way it should work. Since you added the auto off/on feature is the button needed anymore?
    Yes, I leave the switch in, incase you just wish to turn off the light for a brief moment.

    There are many more updates to come! Stay tuned and follow on twitter.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

    Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

    Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
  19. #519  
    On my Pre, the LED comes on in two seconds or less after releasing my finger from the icon on the Quick Launch Wave.

    Great coding!!! Sweet and simple!
  20. #520  
    I swear I'm not trying to become the "Idea Guy"!!!

    Here are just a few random things that popped into my head:

    1) Always start at 100mA (or at the user's last setting) but have buttons to choose high, medium, or low brightness. But the quick start is my new favorite feature of your app. Please don't lose it!

    2) Only allow high brightness for a few minutes to protect the hardware.

    3) Grey out the high (and possibly medium) button below a certain battery level (it seems like below about 30% or so would make sense). Could also use the timer for anything more than "Low" at lower battery levels.


    Alright, I'm done. I promise!

Posting Permissions