Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 LastLast
    OK I just followed the directions on this thread and it works now (still undeletable).

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...g-1-3-1-a.html
    hey man i love this app and use the hell out of it good job thanks but it needs un update to work with 1.3.5 web OS any ideas on an update?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Sadly, I second that: no longer seems to work with 1.3.5. Awesome app, an update would be grand! Thanks regardless, PreGame!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Me 3!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    me 4, I use this app all the time
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    hey man i love this app and use the hell out of it good job thanks but it needs un update to work with 1.3.5 web OS any ideas on an update?

Thanks
    Whew! I thought it was just my phone. Yes, I strongly agree that this is a very useful app. Used it more times than I can remember. It is definitely an app I would have no problem paying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post

Thanks
    Working after 1.3.5 update for me.
    I'll have an updated flashlight out soon, along with updated Repair Utility
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Please rename the service so we can distinguish it from the rogue versions that are unauthorised in the wild with a huge security hole.

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    rwhitby I saw your post about not installing from lunaware is there a problem with unzipping the tar on your desktop and installing it that way? I looked at the the file the ipk installs and they seem to install the same place the flashlight.tar installs. I am still learning about webos so I just want further knowledge, that is the reason I am asking.
    There are two versions of the service, which have exactly the same name, and install exactly the same way to exactly the same place.

One of the versions (which was withdrawn from circulation as soon as the security issue was identified) has a huge security hole, and is being distributed in an unapproved manner by lunaware.com

That's why I've requested that anyone fixing this for 1.3.5 changes the service name, so we can finally get rid of the vulnerable version.

-- Rod
    Ok so how do you know if you have the rogue version?
    Last edited by mamouton; 12/30/2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok so how do you know if you have the rogue version?
    Giving those details would be disclosing how to exploit the vulnerability before it is fixed. I subscribe to full disclosure, but only after it has been fixed.

There is no obvious way to determine by file names or locations. That's the problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok I was just trying to make sure my Pre wasn't vulnerable. I usually installed via the way described in this thread via the tar file and it worked but then I saw your huge warning so I uninstalled. The flashlight is something I use regularly when in a pinch so just wondering what precautions I could take to make sure my pre wasn't hijacked. Thanks for the work you do with webos.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    didn't you send a twitter saying it was out?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Ok, Guys I am working on an update and will release it shortly.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Cool thanks man
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    An updated version that removes the need for the .sh scripts as well as the open runCMD from the Prelease plugin has been created. It is posted at webos-internals and will be packaged within the next 24 hours. After that you should be able to install MyFlashlight and the new service LEDManager. Installing LEDManager will remove the old prelease service.

NOTE: This is just a temp fix. I will be changing the layout and adding more features such as S.O.S and custom morse code.

Any features you would like added can be posted here.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    An updated version that removes the need for the .sh scripts as well as the open runCMD from the Prelease plugin has been created. It is posted at webos-internals and will be packaged within the next 24 hours. After that you should be able to install MyFlashlight and the new service LEDManager. Installing LEDManager will remove the old prelease service.

NOTE: This is just a temp fix. I will be changing the layout and adding more features such as S.O.S and custom morse code.

Any features you would like added can be posted here.
    It's in the testing feed now - just need some extra details for the metadata (icon, screenshots, licensing, homepage, description, etc) before we can release it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.