Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    @Bigwood212: I found both the flashlight app and service under "manage custom feeds," after clicking the bottom button on the right in quickinstall. This might have only worked for me because I had it previously installed..

@Vaderite666: I was able to re-install the app by using webos quickinstall INSTEAD of preware. I chose the "manage custom feeds" drop down menu and installed both the app and service. It works for me now (must of overwrote the files). Let me know if that helps.
    Last edited by BentEcho; 09/30/2009 at 07:49 AM.
    I tried it some days ago... then I used it tonight... my car broke. thanks!
    I made the mistake of installing flashlight the old way.

1. wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar
    2. tar -xvf flashlight.tar

anyone know the command to uninstall it?
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    I made the mistake of installing flashlight the old way.

1. wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar
    2. tar -xvf flashlight.tar

anyone know the command to uninstall it?
    Follow the directions I posted on the previous page of this thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    @Bigwood212: I found both the flashlight app and service under "manage custom feeds," after clicking the bottom button on the right in quickinstall. This might have only worked for me because I had it previously installed..

@Vaderite666: I was able to re-install the app by using webos quickinstall INSTEAD of preware. I chose the "manage custom feeds" drop down menu and installed both the app and service. It works for me now (must of overwrote the files). Let me know if that helps.
    what feed did you add to find the flashlight in webos quick install?
    i dont have it in any of my feeds
    I can't find it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Incorrect. WebOSQuickInstall 2.0 supports postinst and prerm scripts in ipks. This means all apps that require rooting can be made into ipk files

WebOS-Internals have updated all their services, as well as Terminal to include postinst and prerm scipts, and now they're installable at the click of a button via WebOSQuiickInstall

I've PM'd Pregame regarding making the ipk files. Hopefully he responds soon.
    I had to replace my pre...now I cannot find My Flashlight (led flashlight) in quickinstall or preware...feed canuck is there but empty. I have the app on my wife's pre I got there using preware/quick install. Why is it not in quickinstal anymore? How do I get it? Can I find the file ipk file on my wife's USB Pre drive somewhere and use quick install then to put it on my pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cook View Post
    I hadn't seen anyone post this so forgive me if it is a repost.

To enable My Flashlight without Rooting

Using WebOS Quick Install v2.03:
    1) Plug in your device and click the button

2) From the dropdown menu select "Manage Custom Feeds"
    3) Add "http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/canuck-software/Packages" to the custom feeds
    4) Select the added custom feed and check "Flashlight service"
    5) Close the window and click "Install"
    6) Return to the custom feed and check "FlashLight!
    7) Close the window and click "Install"
    8) Enjoy your new flashlight

I had been trying to install it with Preware and the install kept failing, this method worked for me.
    It is no longer in his "feed list" ...any ideas what happened here? It is on my wife's pre but not on my new one since I had to get it exchanged...any chance I can find the files in the hidden files of her USB Pre Drive somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Follow the directions I posted on the previous page of this thread.

-- Rod
    Why can I no longer find the LED my flashlight (and service) in preware?
    I installed it on both mine and my wife's pre...but had to get my pre exchanged...now I cannot find it in preware or quick install...it is still on my wife's pre, can I take the ipk file from her pre somehow? All links I can find online for it are obsolete.
    I have the canuck feed in quickinstall...but flashlight is not in the list. I also notice "my Tether" is not in preware anymore...I have the old way after donation I can still use to get that back though...although I wonder what you had meant by preware being safer way to install my tether?
    Well, Luckily I still had the flashlight files saved on my PC, took a while to find them, but alas I got it working. I think I might have the tether files as well, but I will wait until I find more out about the paid version of that.

As for sharing them, I'd do so if the developer doesn't mind, but figure there must be a reason it's no longer available. Are these going to the app store as paid apps???
    All the packages are mirrored at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/canuck-software/

There is a problem with Canuck Software's own file hosting which is affecting the generation of the Preware feed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All the packages are mirrored at Index of /feeds/canuck-software

There is a problem with Canuck Software's own file hosting which is affecting the generation of the Preware feed.

-- Rod
    I'm still confused, I had this working once, but exchanged phones and now I can't figure it out. I went to this url and downloaded the link to my os folder on my computer and used QI to install it to my PRE. I have the icon, but when I enable it, it doesn't come on.

I think because there are two parts to this installation, but I can't find the other part. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    hrm

downloaded both packages from the link above
    installed through webQI
    app is there, but does nothing initially or after reboot
    Last edited by Stihl; 10/19/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Is there a way to get this program to work again?
    I hate the blank white screen as a flash light.
    All the packages are mirrored at Index of /feeds/canuck-software

-- Rod
    Thank you, Thank you thank you!!!!!
    I went to the above link, hit control and left clicked on both of the pregame ipk files and downloaded them both to my desktop.
    I then opened quick install (latest version) and clicked the + sign.
    Added the pre game background file first and then did reset on pre.
    Then I went back into quick install and put the flashlight app ipk itself on pre.
    Wow...it is now there and works again!!!! Thank you soooooo much. This little app comes in so handy and is soooo much better than other flash light apps that do not use LED light.

BTW, you ought to note in quick install that installing the expanded dictionary DRAMATICALLY slows down the loading of email text...many probably do not realize the connection. The email loading is soooo slow that it becomes very frustrating. I have instead installed the purchased version of auto correct edit which lets me customize and do text shortcuts as well.
    +1 to charlestwesco last post, it worked flawlessly

Just to make things simpler though, instead of pressing the + sign, just drag and drop the files into WOSQI. The "prelease" file first, do a Orange+Sym+R to reset, then drop/install the "app.flashlight" file second..no restart required here.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestwesco View Post
    BTW, you ought to note in quick install that installing the expanded dictionary DRAMATICALLY slows down the loading of email text...many probably do not realize the connection.
    I am not the maintainer of WebOS Quick Install - you should contact Canuck Software. Preware and WebOS Quick Install are developed by two completely separate organisations (which collaborate on standards and interoperability).

-- Rod
    Thanks for the help guys even if it were indirect. I got my flashlight to work again.
    is it the same LED flashlight as before?
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    is it the same LED flashlight as before?
    When is before? It hasn't changed since at least 7/01/2009 (check the date the first post was edited).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here