Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Great work... Very easy to install. Thanks so much Next to "My Tether" this is my favorite.
    Any idea why I get an error installing the service through preware? Uninstalled and reinstalled oreware and package service. Bummed. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Any idea why I get an error installing the service through preware? Uninstalled and reinstalled oreware and package service. Bummed. Any help greatly appreciated!
    i recommend installing thru webOS quick install
    [QUOTE=maxima2k53;1888311]i recommend installing thru webOS quick install[/Q

I downloaded preware then flashlight from it. Where can I find both the file ipk and service ipk or both in one to download using wosqi?
    Also, after uninstalling them from wosqi my phone keeps going back and forth from offline to sprint and lags severely. What is up with this mess...?
    Last edited by holley2583; 09/12/2009 at 01:20 AM.
    [QUOTE=holley2583;1888430]
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i recommend installing thru webOS quick install[/Q

I downloaded preware then flashlight from it. Where can I find both the file ipk and service ipk or both in one to download using wosqi?
    In webOS quick install there's a button under the - click on it and find it there

Third button down on the right hand side, with all the other 200 ipkgs

Or just go back into Preware and install the service from there.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Can you add a "Red Page"? Using red lights helps when you are stargazing, because it doesn't bother your eyes as much as white. Obviously you can't make the actual LED shine red, so a Red Page is the next best thing.
    [QUOTE=rwhitby;1888434]

Third button down on the right hand side, with all the other 200 ipkgs

Or just go back into Preware and install the service from there.

-- Rod
    Yes, i've been there many times, but if you have an option to download the flashlight app and service you have something i do not. The only way is to download it thru Preware as far as i can tell.
    I uninstalled both using wosqi, then my phone kept bouncing between offline and online for about twent minutes until i rebooted. I'm at a loss.
    I've tried intalling reinstalling three times and everytime i get to the service part of flashlight it gives me an error. any other ideas?
    Yes, i've been there many times, but if you have an option to download the flashlight app and service you have something i do not. The only way is to download it thru Preware as far as i can tell.
    Oh, my apologies - I forgot that for some reason Jason doesn't list his very own canuck-software IPKG feed in his own WebOS Quick Install tool!!

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I've tried intalling reinstalling three times and everytime i get to the service part of flashlight it gives me an error. any other ideas?
    Uninstall everything to do with the flashlight and service.

Reboot.

Make sure Preware is running.

Install the service that the flashlight needs.

Reboot.

Install the flashlight.

Let me know if that works. You shouldn't normally need all those steps, but that should expose any non-transient problems with the ipkgs themselves.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Oh, my apologies - I forgot that for some reason Jason doesn't list his very own canuck-software IPKG feed in his own WebOS Quick Install tool!!

-- Rod
    ha! Very nice... i wasn't trying to sound like an A$$, i seriously do not have the option, i don't know why it's not there, it's just not. ok...ya don't have to be sarcastic. And for the much appreciated help below, i will try that again. Thanks
    ha! Very nice... i wasn't trying to sound like an A$$, i seriously do not have the option, i don't know why it's not there, it's just not. ok...ya don't have to be sarcastic. And for the much appreciated help below, i will try that again. Thanks
    Pardon? I wasn't being sarcastic. For some reason (maybe he just hasn't updated it recently), Jason's WebOS Quick Install tool doesn't have the feed for his own software company listed in it alongside the PreCentral and WebOS Internals feeds. That's why you can't see the flashlight app and service in WebOS Quick Install. Preware has the canuck-software feed installed by default, WebOS Quick Install for some reason doesn't.

-- Rod
    Pardon? I wasn't being sarcastic. For some reason (maybe he just hasn't updated it recently), Jason's WebOS Quick Install tool doesn't have the feed for his own software company listed in it alongside the PreCentral and WebOS Internals feeds. That's why you can't see the flashlight app and service in WebOS Quick Install. Preware has the canuck-software feed installed by default, WebOS Quick Install for some reason doesn't.

-- Rod
    First, Sorry i thought you were bein sarcastic, what you wrote just looked like it...dunno. I ended up having to bring up WOSQI under "Device Management" and uninstall everything that has to do with Flashlight including Preware and Package Installer...and let it go for several hours. What was happening is when i uninstalled them all before, i wasnt waiting for my Pre so stop flickering back and forth from "offline" to "Sprint" and it didnt completely ever uninstall. Then i reinstalled both Preware and Package Installer, waited again for over an hour, then i tried downloading the Flashlight service again and it still said "Error Installing", but i went ahead and downloaded the app. too and presto, somehow it worked. I didn't realize how long it actually takes to uninstall some of the packages. So if anyone else has a problem, wait until your Pre is back online and connected either by wifi or EVDO.
    The flashlight is the second app I install when I have to visit the doctor, the first is of course My Tether. What would be cool is to have the author of BADD flashlight and My flashlight to get together and make a combined My BADD flashlight that uses the features of both programs.

Edit: Where is donation link?
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/12/2009 at 09:27 PM.
    Great app finally got it to work through WebOS Quick Install. Pregame thanks for the app but your instructions need to be updated this installation was the most painful to install through rooting. Funny thing is I got it working without rooting. Post needs to be updated. Now all this app need is a better user interface with a few flash light feature like strobe light or Morse code. Keep up the good work!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    A few hours of reading through the whole thread, about 15 second install... thank you PreGame, thank you Mr. Robitaille, and all others who helped/contributed. Works great!

For those who find the screen blinding: why don't you press and release the power button to put it in standby, thus shutting off the screen... quick and easy.

Thanks again!
    Uninstall everything to do with the flashlight and service.

Reboot.

Install the service that the flashlight needs.

Reboot.

Install the flashlight.

Let me know if that works. You shouldn't normally need all those steps, but that should expose any non-transient problems with the ipkgs themselves.

-- Rod
    This doesn't work for me. Following the steps I get stuck at installing the flash light service via Preware. After pressing OK on the post-script message and error message comes up that the install failed. However it states in Preware that the service has been installed. If I try to uninstall the service, the script comes up again and error comes up that the uninstall probably failed? How do I remove this and properly install the service and app now?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ok nevermind....I was able to install the service and app using the "root" method via command line. However I still would like to know, what is the best way to uninstall this? Since I installed using the root method, what is that uninstall command via command line? Can you uninstall myflashlite app and service via Preware even if you installed via root method? Sorry for being sooo late to the game on this thread... thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Ok nevermind....I was able to install the service and app using the "root" method via command line. However I still would like to know, what is the best way to uninstall this? Since I installed using the root method, what is that uninstall command via command line? Can you uninstall myflashlite app and service via Preware even if you installed via root method? Sorry for being sooo late to the game on this thread... thanks...
    Sorry, but you will need to ask the person who created the installation scripts in the ipkg.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Also, after uninstalling them from wosqi my phone keeps going back and forth from offline to sprint and lags severely. What is up with this mess...?
    Mine kept doing this phone offline mode as well. Holly2583, did yours stop?