Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    the links don't work...
    For me either, I just got my quick install updated/running, and this is the first thing I went to. been wanting this since day 1. Pregame? Jason Robitaille? Please give us back the link.
    Seems FileDen is offline for some reason. It's PreGame's app. If you want the ipks in the homebrew catalog for a reliable download he needs to be the one to do it. Anyone know of any alternative hosting sites until then?
    The app and service .ipks are working.

The new 2.01 Web OS is working.

So that means after waiting so long I've got a LED Flashlight.

Thanks for the App and easy install!

How did you manage to get it. I have 2.01 but I can't find it.
    Yep, FileDen seems backs online woot
    It didn't work the first time I tried to install it with Quick Install 2.01 but did on the second.

The first time I installed both files at the same time. The second time I installed them separately -- first the Service file in message #316, then the App file in #293.

Of course, I probably messed up my first attempt somehow and lucked into the second.

Thank you for the app, PreGame.
    Thank you for your work on this site, Mr. Robitaille.
    Last edited by pinellasproofer; 08/21/2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot thanks
    very handy thanx
    Not sure if this is a bug or not but I was using the flashlight app tonight...and after using it for 30 seconds the lcd screen turned off like normal then I went to turn off the flashlight so I tapped on the spacebar to wake my pre up and I hit the button to turn off the flashlight and somehow it stayed on...so I just hit the on switch and then off again and it finally turned off....really weird not sure if its just me
    got this to work...i <3 webos quick install...great work guys
    So it took me a long time and a lot of searching through the forums and the many pages of this thread, but I finally got the flashlight working! This is great--I've been wanting this since the first day I got my Pre. Big thanks to the developers and to Jason R. for making it all play nicely together.

To save others some time in the future, here's the quick synopsis of how to get the Flashlight working on your phone. Maybe an admin can put these instructions on the first post of this thread or make it into its own thread?

Step 1: Set your phone up for homebrew using WebOS Quick Install v 2.0.1 or later. Instructions: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Step 2: Download the two files you need to make the flashlight work.
    File 1 (Flashlight Service): http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/...e.prelease.ipk
    File 2 (Flashlight App): http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/..._0.0.1_all.ipk

Step 3: Using WebOS Quick Install v 2.0.1 or later, install the two ipk files

That's it! If all goes well, you should now have a working flashlight app in your launcher.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks yacht_boy. I've been trying to get my flashlight to work for a while and no matter what i tried (combination of files) it was a no go. Today it installed first shot. Thanks also to Jason for Quick Install and PreGame for this app
    This is great, it will make it so much easier when I'm trying to get into bed around 2am without waking the wife... lol.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This is by far my favorite app. Thanks mad props to Pregame !
    Might have to uninstall this. Seems to bog down the entire PRE at boot time.

Any special commands needed?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Might have to uninstall this. Seems to bog down the entire PRE at boot time.

Any special commands needed?
    In WebOS Quick Install menu, go Tools->Device Management.

You can uninstall both the service and app from there
    Quote Originally Posted by yacht_boy View Post
    So it took me a long time and a lot of searching through the forums and the many pages of this thread, but I finally got the flashlight working! This is great--I've been wanting this since the first day I got my Pre. Big thanks to the developers and to Jason R. for making it all play nicely together.

To save others some time in the future, here's the quick synopsis of how to get the Flashlight working on your phone. Maybe an admin can put these instructions on the first post of this thread or make it into its own thread?

Step 1: Set your phone up for homebrew using WebOS Quick Install v 2.0.1 or later. Instructions: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Step 2: Download the two files you need to make the flashlight work.
    File 1 (Flashlight Service): http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/...e.prelease.ipk
    File 2 (Flashlight App): http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/..._0.0.1_all.ipk

Step 3: Using WebOS Quick Install v 2.0.1 or later, install the two ipk files

That's it! If all goes well, you should now have a working flashlight app in your launcher.
    I just installed this using the ipk's given by yacht_boy's previous post. However I used the ipkg install command from my rooted pre instead of using WebOS Quick Install. Shouldn't that be the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I just installed this using the ipk's given by yacht_boy's previous post. However I used the ipkg install command from my rooted pre instead of using WebOS Quick Install. Shouldn't that be the same?
    Nope, WebOS Quick Install implements postinst and prerm support. You'll need to run the postinst script associated with each package and then you'll be up to speed with a WebOS Quick Install install.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Woot! I just installed this via Preware and it works great! Just make sure to install the service first.
    Yup, confirmed to work with Preware.