Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    ok goin in installing files 1 and 3 brb
    bad *** super bright now to see if it works with devmode off wish me luck
    Quote Originally Posted by sikpuk View Post
    bad *** super bright now to see if it works with devmode off wish me luck
    it should i tested it already....if it doesnt work go here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1832618
    got buzy works awsome great app thanks pregame. jason you are the man.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Do you still need to manually go into Linux to start the service, or should it start automatically when installed by the WebOS installer? I installed the program and both versions of the service, and am in developer mode, but no light.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Do you still need to manually go into Linux to start the service, or should it start automatically when installed by the WebOS installer? I installed the program and both versions of the service, and am in developer mode, but no light.
    there is only one version of the service
    i dont see the ipk version
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i dont see the ipk version
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1831305
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    there is only one version of the service
    Jason Robitaille posted two ipk's, one with the filename com.pregame.prelease.ipk and one previously with the filename com.pregame.prelease_0.0.2_all.ipk. I tried the first one (as well as installing the app itself, of course), and then installed the newer one once it was posted, but neither worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Jason Robitaille posted two ipk's, one with the filename com.pregame.prelease.ipk and one previously with the filename com.pregame.prelease_0.0.2_all.ipk. I tried the first one (as well as installing the app itself, of course), and then installed the newer one once it was posted, but neither worked.
    Thr 2 ipk's he uploaded...one is the actual app the other is the service
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    No, in the original post he had both the service and the app. In the later post he posted a new file with the service. Which is why in post #316 of this thread he said "EDIT: I've done a bit more tweaking to the ipk format. Try this file, it should mimic PreGame's previous filepath format "

ANYWAY I solved it by switching to 2.01 of WebOSQuickInstall. Awesome, thanks!
    thanx maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    thanx maxima
    np
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropalm View Post
    the true flash light app. this is a real flash light app not just a bright screen
    I have always agreed, but the rooting req left most users in the dark, until now, of course. That we can now install this via webOS Quick Install screen lights specialize or die, mine included.
    Just installed it myself. Unsurprisingly, it is significantly brighter than BADD Flashlight, even with the device brightness cranked and will replace it for my general use.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    hmm, the ipk doesnt seem to work for me using webos quickinstall 2.01
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so will there ever be an installer for this app so someone that doesnt want to go thru the cold and root there pre...bc i installed the mytether thru an installer and worked amazingly....can this work also as an installer?
    No.
    It is with glee that I say the following ... WRONG!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Works great, love it! Many thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Fantastic as this flashlight is, it'd be great if it could be toggled on and off by, say, a quick double-tap on the cardview button. At least then there'd be a use for that thing...
    Does the ipk version still look the same, just wondering if it had a dark background screen.