Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Will I need to delete then reinstall both files or can I just reinstall the service file?
    I Just reinstalled... didnt' delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    k, I've identified the issue. I've released v2.01 of WebOS Quick Install which fixes the bug.

[url]

Should now work with those .ipk files above
    Awesome I'll try it when I get home
    it works gr8!!!!
    k, I've identified the issue. I've released v2.01 of WebOS Quick Install which fixes the bug.

[url]

Should now work with those .ipk files above
    Ok. So I reinstalled the service using webOS quick install 2.0.1. Immediately after reinstalling and disconnecting from my computer, I tested it and it worked just like I expected. So I proceeded to take it out of developer mode and it asked me to reset my phone. I clicked the button to restart it. After it booted back up I went back into the app to test and it no longer worked.

Has anyone had success installing with the quick install method and have it still work after taking it out developer mode? It seems like the settings are not sticking after resetting the device.
    Ok. So I reinstalled the service using webOS quick install 2.0.1. Immediately after reinstalling and disconnecting from my computer, I tested it and it worked just like I expected. So I proceeded to take it out of developer mode and it asked me to reset my phone. I clicked the button to restart it. After it booted back up I went back into the app to test and it no longer worked.

Has anyone had success installing with the quick install method and have it still work after taking it out developer mode? It seems like the settings are not sticking after resetting the device.
    it works in dev mode but off of dev mode it doesnt
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it works in dev mode but off of dev mode it doesnt
    I put it back into developer mode as well and it still did not work. Do you have to keep it in developer mode to have it work?
    I put it back into developer mode as well and it still did not work. Do you have to keep it in developer mode to have it work?
    Shouldn't have to. Sounds as if reset turns the service off, I'll take a look into it.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Shouldn't have to. Sounds as if reset turns the service off, I'll take a look into it. Though please keep in mind this is PreGame's app
    i know
    yeah i tried that to switched to dev mode and it doesnt work
    Update: Thanks to Rod from WebOSInternals, I'll have an updated working version in a min or 2, brb
    Update: Thanks to Rod from WebOSInternals, I'll have an updated working version in a min or 2, brb
    so this new update will make it work even if u switch off dev mode?
    Effect should persist through resets and devmode changes

EDIT:
    <>
    EDIT2: Link removed, see this post
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 07:01 PM.
    New Flashlight Service

Effect will persist through resets and devmode changes
    still doesnt work i tested with dev mode off
    Try installing it with DevMode on, then reset the device. Does is still work then? If not, I may be able to fix that issue
    Try installing it with DevMode on, then reset the device. Does is still work then? If not, I may be able to fix that issue
    alright im turning dev mode off lets c if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    alright im turning dev mode off lets c if it works
    I meant reboot device with DevMode still on. That way if the service doesn't work, I'll be able to rule out DevMode as a cause.

EDIT: I've done a bit more tweaking to the ipk format. Try this file, it should mimic PreGame's previous filepath format
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/18/2009 at 07:01 PM.
    I meant reboot device with DevMode still on. That way if the service doesn't work, I'll be able to rule out DevMode as a cause.

EDIT: I've done a bit more tweaking to the ipk format. Try this file, it should mimic PreGame's previous filepath format
    well u were 2 late i already took off dev mode and it worked finally thanks jason!!!

Dev mode off and rocking and rolling over here! I used the file that within the link that I have quoted. Great, great job! Very impressed with both you and many others.
    the true flash light app. this is a real flash light app not just a bright screen
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropalm View Post
    the true flash light app. this is a real flash light app not just a bright screen
    +1!