Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Could we just get the .ipk?
    Anyone know a simple way to root a Pre for someone who may NOT be technically inclined? My friend is asking me, but I don't have a simple method to give him.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Just downloaded your app, great job!!!
    Scanned the pages, but did not see the answer. How long can you use this flashlight program before the battery drains? Not that I want to run it for hours or anything, just curious.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Not sure, I have only ran it for about 5 minutes at a time. Seeing as how it is an LED and not a Bulb it should not use much power at all.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    wouldnt be an app scene without this one :P
    Quote Originally Posted by novatel View Post
    Scanned the pages, but did not see the answer. How long can you use this flashlight program before the battery drains? Not that I want to run it for hours or anything, just curious.
    Well since most LEDs fall into around the 20 mA range for current you could at maximum run just the LED for 57.5 hours with the 1150 mAh battery supplied with the Pre. With other things running that is obviously reduced. Since I don't know how much the other processes will draw I don't have a clear answer. Ultimately, to sum it up, you won't notice much of a difference in battery life turning on a LED.

Also, since LEDs last somewhere from 30,000 - 50,000 hours you don't really need to worry about it burning out. (more than a two year contract)
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I love the app!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Thank you for that post. I will update the application when I have time to allow the user to select the mA as well as select a mode such as strobe or steady flashlight.
    Any word on when this will be implemented?
    sweet if this could be ipk'd (not a real word, I know)
    Is this still working in 1.1?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Is this still working in 1.1?
    yep
    Great app! I just blinded a couple of my co-workers here with it! Told them to look at my camera lens because I cracked it! Put it right up to their eye mwahahah
    any word on the ipk install yet?
  15. smx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Great app! I just blinded a couple of my co-workers here with it! Told them to look at my camera lens because I cracked it! Put it right up to their eye mwahahah

EVIL
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Fantastic app! Although one suggestion i can think of would be an option to make the background in the app black, as of now the white background is a little blinding when it is pitch black and trying to use the phone as a flashlight. Even better would be to dim the screen and have a black BG but i'm sure this is easier said than done.
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtomesswithu View Post
    any word on the ipk install yet?
    Not possible, as has been mentioned quite a few times.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    where do i extract the tar to?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    man....someone help me out...im tryin and trying. i got the my tether to work after i rooted...cant seem to understand this one. first of all...i start in putty right? can i jus log in as TEST and pw as ROOT? seen it on a vid.
    for some reason its not letting me log in as my username and pw from the beginning
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    YES .......finally got it!!!!!!!!!!! aint nothing like stayin up to 3am every night figuring out my pre