Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    AGAIN: To be Clear; There is NO CURRENT WAY to get this app to work correctly without rooting!

You can install the app itself, but the LED will NOT light up unless you install the DBUS service jar running as root from a command line!

The IPK is therefore useless! Do not even bother with it, as it will do absolutely nothing.

Note: All the "type:" instructions below mean to type everything as seen between the quotes, not including the quotes, then hit enter.

Again; here are the working instructions:
    1. ROOT your Pre. pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access
    2. Login to your Pre using your favorite terminal.
    3. Make sure you are running as root (type: "su -")
    4. cd to root (type: "cd /")
    5. Make sure the filesystem is RW (type: "rootfs_open -t")
    6. Get the flashlight tar. (type: "wget http://lunaware.com/flashlight.tar")
    7. Untar it. (type: "tar -xvf flashlight.tar")
    8. now reboot and logout. (type: "reboot", then "exit", then "exit")

When your Pre comes back up, the flashlight should work if you have done everything correctly.
    Dude I just have to say thank you! I initially downloaded the original flashlight tool and tried to install it using the directions within the download but to much frustration I wasn’t getting it. Then I came across your post and BOOM got it launched it in 5min! Many thanks! By the way if you have a simple process for changing the themes on phone PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Again thanks!
    Very nice app!
    I was wondering if there any videos out there that provide a step-by-step guide on how to root your Pre. I know there are written instructions, but I'm more of a visual learner. Thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Please use the popular Wiki for instructions. They have a YouTube video, but line by line is honestly the best way, coming from a fellow 'visual learner.'

pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work. Getting this error -

root@castle:/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services# /usr/bin/luna-helper 'luna://com.palm.vm/launch' '{"serviceName":"com.pregam
    e.prelease.service","className":"com.pregame.Prelease"}'
    ** Message: _response: got response {"errorCode":"ErrorGenericServiceNotFound", "errorText":"Service Not Found"}

EDIT - It does work after rebooting though.

-mark
    Last edited by diomark; 07/11/2009 at 03:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    My phone hung after turning the lfash light on and off a few times, anyone else see that?
    -m
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    sweet!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    First app I tested after rooting my Pre
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
    First app I tested after rooting my Pre
    this is the first app created for a rooted pre! thanks to pregame homebrew apps started.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to disable the shutter sound when taking pics, I dont really care how difficult or easy if possible, thanks
    AfaikAfaikAfaik $shutter$ $hack$ $is$ $posted$ $here$ $and$ $on$ $the$ $wiki$.
    Didn't search AND completely off topic. Two strikes.
    any plans to add a morse code feature where you can input a message and it'll send it to the LED?

Awesome work on the flashlight. I use it to get around at night (my knees thank you from bashing them against the bed corner) and also a penlight at work at times. Works great!
    My buddy is making an app that will do this same thing, but it will be for text/email notifications, it will light up the screen and or the LED button.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Right on!!! This is probably going to be the most used app on my pre, well maybe besides sudoku (i get really bored at work) but thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm new so what exactly does this do??
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleezy305 View Post
    I'm new so what exactly does this do??
    It turns on and off the torch/flash led on the phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    great app easy install. Followed Peef's instructions in this page.
    this is an great app
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanp316 View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the shutter sound when taking pics, I dont really care how difficult or easy if possible, thanks
    turn off the ringer switch on the top of the phone next to the power button. in other words turn your phone to vibrate....hence shutting off you shutter sound!!!!! ALL THE UPSKIRT AND LOCKER PICTURES U CAN TAKE
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    just isntalled this. excellent job! very handy when you need a flashlight.