Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Well, I have erased everything and after restoring, confirmed there was no classic apps folder, downloaded it again ( i did pay for it already)
    Now I can open classic without blue screen.
    WHERE do I install prc/pdbs?
    I know motionapps is wrong in saying it needs to be placed in what they say.
    WHERE do you folks who have it running have it?
    Hi Aviator,

What I do is copy my PRC and PDB files into
    \Palm Pre\ClassicApps\Palm\Launcher\

Make sure the free utility program FileZ.prc is one of those .PRC files.

Start classic and then start up FileZ. Navigate to the virtual SD card called
    "internal" and change directory to \palm\launcher
    Select all the files in that directory (put a check mark next to them) except filez then select menu -> move and select 'Palm Card" as the destination

This will move all of your PDB and PRC files into the Palm ROM. This will allow them to run in a much more stable enviroment. Make sure you use a program like "BackupBuddyVFS.prc" to make a backup of your Palm ROM in case you ever have to recover from a full erase for hard reset.

Hope it helps!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Because I've changed from one version to the next, I have more than one install folder in classic. If you're installing a file that has other pdb files with it, I go to:ClassicApps, palm, Launcher, install.

If you're installing a program that just has one file with it, go to: ClassicApps, install. With the current update, I don't think you need to use anything except the first one. Make sure you don't have any files even text, in the ClassicApps, install folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Hi Aviator,

What I do is copy my PRC and PDB files into
    \Palm Pre\ClassicApps\Palm\Launcher\

Make sure the free utility program FileZ.prc is one of those .PRC files.

Start classic and then start up FileZ. Navigate to the virtual SD card called
    "internal" and change directory to \palm\launcher
    Select all the files in that directory (put a check mark next to them) except filez then select menu -> move and select 'Palm Card" as the destination

This will move all of your PDB and PRC files into the Palm ROM. This will allow them to run in a much more stable enviroment. Make sure you use a program like "BackupBuddyVFS.prc" to make a backup of your Palm ROM in case you ever have to recover from a full erase for hard reset.

Hope it helps!
    Thnkyou RC46, but to do the above do I need fileZ? Or can I use their rom updater prc?
    I know classic has it's issues, but til ePocrates, Er suite and the like are available native to the pre or webOS.. then I'll use em any way I can =)
    MotionApps created their own Blue Screen nightmare. As part of the install of the Classic App and the ROMupdater, they added two readme.txt files. These files are causing the Blue Screens. Just delete them. More info here:

blog.photoframd.com/2009/06/28/solution-to-motionapps-blue-screen-of-death-on-the-palm-pre/
    Quote Originally Posted by photoframd View Post
    MotionApps created their own Blue Screen nightmare. As part of the install of the Classic App and the ROMupdater, they added two readme.txt files. These files are causing the Blue Screens. Just delete them. More info here:

blog.photoframd.com/2009/06/28/solution-to-motionapps-blue-screen-of-death-on-the-palm-pre/
    Excellent job, the link above.
    Got to where Epocrates is autoupdating.
    Interestingly, Epocrates "autoupdate" is not classic certified.
    What a sorry *** company that Palm picked.
    Motionapps now say the issue has been fixed with WebOS 1.04 update. Can anyone confirm?
    MotionApps: Classic v1.1 release is now complete
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Motionapps now say the issue has been fixed with WebOS 1.04 update. Can anyone confirm?
    MotionApps: Classic v1.1 release is now complete
    With 1.0.4 I can now place files in ClassicApps/Install and Classic will install them, without the old rom updater app, and without a blue screen.

Classic overall is much more stable after 1.0.4.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    I had waited and waited for Classic since day on. I wanted to be able to HotSync. The day they announced HotSync(this week) I bought it. I followed instructions on installation but it does NOT work. I filled out a ticket with MotionApps and they came back telling me to follow the instructions. I wrote back telling them I think i did. They wrote back and told me not to email them again. Nice group of people!! If anyone would be willing to walk me through the installation I would be happy to pay them. It's not that I really need this app-I WANT it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345