Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ill start by saying, this is an awesome application and it has a whole lot of useful and fun features.
    My favorite things about it are the inclusion of Yelp and of Yellow pages, with those two services one will always find whatever business you're looking for, with reviews to boot.
    The Where Wall is pretty cool because you can chat with random people, including pre, g1, and storm users.
    The starbucks and gas prices services are awesome for when you're looking for either one, and the app always connects to google maps in case you need directions to a certain place.
    It also includes movie theater information, weather, and news sections, and even though they are good, I'd rather use apps meant for each one of those things.
    Two thumbs up for this up from me.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    This has been the most useful app for me, so far.
    I wish it didn't ask if you were still at the previous location every time you launch it. It should be checking your location as it starts up.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tkam View Post
    I wish it didn't ask if you were still at the previous location every time you launch it. It should be checking your location as it starts up.
    yeah thats the only annoying thing.
    Mine wasn't working very well for me at first. Now after the update, it's very useful.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I wish the weather portion had radar maps. I tried accuweather which is great but the pop out ads kills it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I wish the weather portion had radar maps. I tried accuweather which is great but the pop out ads kills it for me.
    I am not crazy about the ads either, but, I'll deal with it since I really like the radar maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    This has been the most useful app for me, so far.
    I agree. I think this app is such a great tool to have with me all the time. I have used it countless times already!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    This looks like a compelling app but Where will not start up on my Pre. The "start-up" wheel keeps spinning in the middle of my screen. Anyone else experience this or have any tips?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It would be nice if you could add other businesses to search for. Nothing against Starbucks but it seems kind of random that it's the only one.
    Where has been useful for me in finding restaurants in unfamiliar areas so far...the one complaint I have is that the gas prices were not entirely accurate.
    I love the where app too.

@jdale, I'm hoping that they will add additional businesses. Even better make it interactive so that I can customize the business added to my where....well that's on my wish list anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Where has been useful for me in finding restaurants in unfamiliar areas so far...the one complaint I have is that the gas prices were not entirely accurate.
    Well, since gas prices are changing on a daily basis, I doubt that they can keep up with it.
    I like using the Yellow Pages to add retail business contacts. It replaces TRYDA which I used on my Treo 650.
    do other users update the gas prices on this app or are they updated some other way?
    Can someone tell me why you prefer the Where app over Sprint Navigation? To my knowledge, both offer gas prices and local businesses as well as directions. Aside from the other features like movie listings, why do you guys like to use Where over Sprint Navigation for gas prices and local listings?
    WHERE has a ton of other widgets (as they call them) on other devices. Unfortunately, on the Pre, there's only 9.
    This is a MUST have app for the YP and Yelp connections alone. I love being able to import an address from yelp- HOWEVER- I don't understand why it can only save to a Where database on the phone- I'd like an option to save into the contact profile of my choosing. Some may appreciate not having favorite restaraunts in their contacts- but I do. I had this on the Treo 755p with google maps and now I can't add businesses to my contacts- less functionality than my last phone is NOT why I signed up for the PRe.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I gave up on Accuweather because it doesn't give the chance of rain. Not sure why.

Where gives a ton of weather data, but it could really use some filtering. For example, if the low temperature for the day is 60 degrees, there's really no need to display "Amount of snow 0.00in". It's also not necessary to display both "Amount of rain 0.05in" AND "Precipitation amount 0.05in", which are both the same info.

It also doesn't seem terribly accurate but that's Accuweather's fault, not Where's.
    I would like to be able to rearrange the widget icons. I'd like my most used on top and all of the social network stuff hidden. I still think it's a great app.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast