Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The Facebook favorite on the main browser screen sucks in my opinion. It allows me to see my friends status updates but I can't open them up or even comment on them. What is the point of this? Will they have a real facebook application like Windows mobile, iphone and the blackberry?
    I agree, I find it pretty useless as well.
    Hopefully someone will come out with an app for it.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Palm and Facebook build that huge set for the commercial so i'm guessing they will also build and application for the Pre
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Useless? I like it better than the WinMo app.
    winmo app...lol

compared to the iphone app- that online mobile facebook is useless
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    that's not an app, it's one of facebook's sites. And yes, it's worthless. Change your bookmark from x.facebook.com to m.facebook.com, and you should be able to do anything you can normally do on facebook, for the most part
    Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    that's not an app, it's one of facebook's sites. And yes, it's worthless. Change your bookmark from x.facebook.com to m.facebook.com, and you should be able to do anything you can normally do on facebook, for the most part
    This is exactly what I did. I guess the x in the link should have told us all something.
    You would think you could at least add photo's from your phone... Or am I missing somthing?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    You would think you could at least add photo's from your phone... Or am I missing somthing?
    You can, but you do that from the photo itself. you open the photo in your pictures area, and then tap the bar at the top, and select "upload" and your facebook account should be one of the options.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Is there still the problem with the contacts of Facebook filling up the contacts on the phone? That is why I haven't tried to log onto my FB account from my Pre.
    you can also just use the main site of Welcome to Facebook | Facebook from the browser.

I've bookmarked the main site, and have had no trouble with functionality.

@dabadman: YES, fb will still sync over all of your contacts. Kinda lame.
    yea, x.facebook.com is the version of the site that Facebook created for the iPhone, and it looks like they haven't updated it since then. I think the full Facebook site in landscape mode is the best option for now.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    You would think since they have all this integration with Facebook built in, that the Pre would ship with a facebook app. I was very surprised I couldn't fine one in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e esqe View Post
    You would think since they have all this integration with Facebook built in, that the Pre would ship with a facebook app. I was very surprised I couldn't fine one in the app catalog.
    Seconded. I was very surprised as well.
    yeah, noticed it was useless after 5 seconds...I just went directly to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook and it's the full website.....can't wait for the app
    So, if you go thru the website, will it still add the contacts? I do not want them on my pre.
    no, you have to deliberately add your facebook account in one of the PIM apps
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eerongal View Post
    You can, but you do that from the photo itself. you open the photo in your pictures area, and then tap the bar at the top, and select "upload" and your facebook account should be one of the options.

Yeah - I noticed this first photo I took with the Pre..I saw the upload menu entry and had to try it. Works great!