Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    On all of my email accounts, I have the 'Show Notification' preference set to OFF. Despite this, whenever I receive emails, I still get the notification on the bottom of the screen and it stays there until I read the message or clear the notification.. Anyone else have this annoyance?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    yes, mine is doing the same thing. Seeing as how i have my work Exchange email set up also, it's very annoying getting a thousand notifications during the day.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I wonder if they consider "notification" the actual sound/vibration. I have notifications turned off for my gmail account and I still get the notice at the bottom of the screen. But, unlike my maine Outlook account, I don't get the audible alert.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I wonder if they consider "notification" the actual sound/vibration. I have notifications turned off for my gmail account and I still get the notice at the bottom of the screen. But, unlike my maine Outlook account, I don't get the audible alert.
    I dont think so.. There are three options for each email account:

1. Show Notifications On/Off
    2. Play Sound On/Off
    3. Vibrate On/Off

I have all 3 set to OFF on all of my email accounts and I still get them..

Whats annoying is that when the phone is sitting on the Touchstone, the most recent email I have received with sender and subject is sitting there right out in the open and displayed, so anyone that just looks at the phone can see it.
    I'm having the same issue. For my work mail, I have all of those options set to off, AND I have the mail set to be checked manually only. Yet still I sometimes get notifications for new work mail.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjshrader View Post
    I'm having the same issue. For my work mail, I have all of those options set to off, AND I have the mail set to be checked manually only. Yet still I sometimes get notifications for new work mail.
    Ditto. Notifications are off, but I still get them. Receive is set to manual, but new emails still come in. Ugh.
    same problem here, apparently its common. hopefully the next update will address this.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    1. Hey! Welcome to the forums!
    2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread.
    3. [Report the thread so a mod can merge it]
    4. Here's the thread for your topic:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ns-broken.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ationship.html
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I am having this happen, but only when the phone is locked.

Palm has logged the issue:
    Email notification off, but still get notifications when phone is locked. - webOS Software - Palm Support Forums