1.    #1  
    I just wonder if the pre got an rss reader app or something because i cant find any rss apps :S or am I the only one that uses rss? :P
    I would imagine this would make a nice app addition. But till then you can use google reader in the browser. Either the mobile version or regular, I think they both work.

There are other online readers as well like bloglines etc. but I haven't tried those.
  3.    #3  
    i use google reader right now but it would be nice if a rss app comes out soon
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Go to your favorite rss feed sites and see if they tweet. If they do, follow them on twitter on your Pre.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    google.com/reader/i

save it as an app. feels just like any other app.
    Or just reader.google.com

Anybody think bloglines is better on the Pre?

Does using the J & K buttons to move between articles work in the browser?
    I just wish Google Reader (iPhone edition) would auto-expand the pics.

Also, when you stream the podcasts (video or audio) and the Pre disconnects the stream (for whatever reason), I wish you could re-start the streaming and it remembers where you left off. Maybe thats why I need an RSS reader that downloads the files so I can play them natively.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    You make some very good points. I would settle for the ability to download in the browser (goes for audio and images)

but I think a decent podcatcher and native feed reader are two different apps since a lot of the podcatcher functionality (automatically download, bookmark your place, etc...) are different or unnecessary for a good feed reader.

The mobile version of google is actually pretty solid, with the exception of some of the image formatting issues, but since you can always view the original, it's not too bad.

Still, I think these apps will be pretty quick to build once the sdk is out there.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    After having used the Nokia RSS reader built-in to S60, Feeds on iPhone/iPod Touch, and previously Viigo on both Winmo and Blackberry...

I HATE Google Reader, it's crap and it sucks by comparison. A dedicated app is always better, and I'd be willing to buy one on the Pre.
    @ardoreal

i totally agree. viigo blows google reader out of the water
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    google.com/reader/i

save it as an app. feels just like any other app.
    What do you mean "save it as an app"? I have it bookmarked, is that what you're sayin'?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfaces View Post
    What do you mean "save it as an app"? I have it bookmarked, is that what you're sayin'?
    from the browser, click on the menu thingy, then go to page, then select 'add to launcher'

there you can edit the icon, and the text, and it ads it to the launcher, so it looks like an app.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    @ardoreal

i totally agree. viigo blows google reader out of the water
    What desktop reader does Viigo sync with that is OS independent? Works on Linux, OSX or Windows.. basically any OS that has a browser?

Thats why I like Google Reader.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Just because a program is OS independent does not make it good. Often the best apps are to the contrary. Google reader is limited to the confines of the browser, whereas native apps leverage the strengths of their platforms. I would love to see Viigo or feeds on webOS because those apps could leverage the environment (ie between Spaz and rss) etc. Feeds would particularly benefit from the card interface, and the app would be more stable because of the nature of the new codebase.

There is demand for dedicated rss readers because of the success of Viigo and apps like feeds.
    Google reader is sufficient for me currently. I used viigo on my blackberry. I'd love to see viigo for the pre. I guess I don't use the app to it's fullest because my user experience between viigo and google reader isn't really different. I actually like being able to read the feeds on my pre and also on my netbook.