1.    #1  
    Anyone know if there is anyone making an app or a script that will setup the tethering automatically? Seems the current amount of work to get it done is cumbersome (not that its not appreciated).
  2.    #3  
    So you think that is going to stop most users?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Honestly I hope it does stop them. I also hope that palm/Sprint release the upgrade to allow it. I'd hate for the WebOS to turn into a cat and mouse game like the Iphone has. We have just begun to tear this phone apart. I'm excited to see what else can come of it.
  4.    #5  
    I also hope they enable it, but I need to get online using my laptop when I am remote currently. So hopefully someone comes up with a script or app that runs and enables the tethering soon.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    guess you guys didn't spot this over on Engadget a few days ago.

Palm Pre data tethering is a go, Sprint be damned

Ive not tried it yet but when and if i do i'll let you know.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i gave it a shot on windows 7... didnt work... tried multiple proxy methods..
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm sure PDANet will have a solution soon enough. I've been using their products since my Treo 600 and their products have just been getting better over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal View Post
    I'm sure PDANet will have a solution soon enough. I've been using their products since my Treo 600 and their products have just been getting better over the years.
    Junefabrics (Makers of PDANet) have said they will make a webOS app in the future. All we have to do is wait .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.