1.    #1  
    Incredible for those of us that love Datebk: they just released a Pre version for the Pre classic! Here is the link: pimlicosoftware.com/datebk6p.htm

I have not tried it...but will tonight!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Dang, I love Datebk but I'm waiting for the WebOS version. I don't wanna have a Classic crutch.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    so sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think it draws in events from the webos calendar. I use datebk extensively and await it for the webos. i would even strongly consider the iphone if it had a native datebk application.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It's nice this is available. I do love DateBK, having relied on every version since starting with DateBK3 on my Visor. However, I'm trying to embrace the new WebOS paradigm of Internet syncing. I just moved all my iCal/DateBK6 data to Google for a 3-way sync.

The Pre's calendar is nowhere near DataBK6 and I miss it. But the data is there and it syncs properly. For now, I'm going to stick with it until DateBk or something better comes along for Calendar (and Task!) management.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I don't know how much longer I can go without having floating events, and icons in the Pre's monthly view. But I have no interest in using Datebk within Classic if it's not using the same WebOS calendar DB. Still carrying my Palm TX around just for the DateBk calendar.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update and possibly a webOS version is in the works (hoping). I think I'll wait for the webOS version. Personally I believe Palm should have used the money they paid MotionApps to build the Classic emulator and had some Calendar/Phone/Video/Task/Game app developers to build more webOS applications.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I don't recall seeing CESD say he would make any further versions of Datebk. Datebk6 for PalmOS is it. He's making something called Pimlical now.

Datebk is dead, right along with PalmOS.
    I hate using classic on my Pre. I want apps for WebOS, not for the OS that is now dead and buried.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Incredible for those of us that love Datebk: they just released a Pre version for the Pre classic! Here is the link: pimlicosoftware.com/datebk6p.htm I have not tried it...but will tonight!
    Shoot. You totally got my hopes up. CESD released DateBk6p on or around launch day. It can't access the native webOS PIM data and can't sync to the desktop. It's a rough fix that requires porting .pdbs back and forth from the desktop by USB.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    I don't recall seeing CESD say he would make any further versions of Datebk. Datebk6 for PalmOS is it. He's making something called Pimlical now. Datebk is dead, right along with PalmOS.
    This is my understanding, too. The Pre is at the bottom of the queue for a Pimlical version because CESD is focusing on phones with more owners at this point.

I'd use DateBk6p and Chatteremail with Classic if Hotsync were available and if Chatteremail could access the Web via Classic. (Motionapps didn't include Hotsync, and I can't get Chatteremail to access email servers. Chatteremail just keeps saying the phone radio is off and doesn't do anything.)

I really hope 1) Palm will publish an update with more robust PIM and email apps soon, 2) developers will create them or 3) Motionapps will release a Classic version that can take full advantage of Palm OS apps.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I hate using classic on my Pre. I want apps for WebOS, not for the OS that is now dead and buried.
    haha, that's the truth.

Hopefully soon things will ramp up for developers.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    I don't recall seeing CESD say he would make any further versions of Datebk. Datebk6 for PalmOS is it. He's making something called Pimlical now.

Datebk is dead, right along with PalmOS.

Please Joe, say it ain't so.