Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    I guess the SDK might really be holding a lot of things up:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ilium Software. We have not made a decision regarding the Palm Pre as Palm has not released a public version of their development environment yet. I will certainly send your request over to our developers, though!

Thanks again for contacting us and feel free to contact me if you have any other questions,
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    That's the same message I got from them last Friday. Probably canned response, but still, one can hope, can't one?
    Yep. We answer the email manually but the response is the same. That's basically all we have to offer right now. Until Palm gives us something more to work with we're pretty darn limtied.

Even when we do get the SDK I'm a little concerned about whether we can make a version of eWallet that will fit with people's expectations. The WebOS stuff might seriously hamper our ability to implement many core features - especially high encryption. Of course if we could get access to the lower level stuff like some of the big partners do we could do a lot more but I kind of doubt that will happen.

We'll see! We're continuing to work on the WebApp version as an alternative and once we get more info we'll look at whether the Pre will let us do what we need to.

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    marc@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    Pocket PC, iPhone, Smartphone and Palm Software

And be sure check out our blog! Ilium Software Blog
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilium Software View Post
    Yep. We answer the email manually but the response is the same. That's basically all we have to offer right now. Until Palm gives us something more to work with we're pretty darn limtied.
    Marc, thank you! I don't even use eWallet, but it makes me very thankful and happy to see that real developers are cruising these forums and aiding in concerns.

It ALSO makes me happy to see that there are some established, reputable developers who are vocal about their need for the SDK!

Thanks!
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    Thanks a bunch Marc!

I used to use ewallet and list pro more then anything on my Treos, well other then Bejeweled 2, and am really hoping to get them back. Ewallet is my #2 best program on a mobile platform, sorry but nothing beats Bejeweled 2!!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I have years and years of valuable data stored in eWallet from previous Palm devices including my 755p which the Pre replaced. I so much wanted in the eWallet beta for their Web Companion but have not been chosen. eWallet runs in classic but it takes too many steps to access my information, plus it no longer syncs with the desktop.

Palm, please release the SDK so I can get a Pre version of eWallet!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Any news about eWellet for webOS?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Yep - still nothing. Iluimsoft is heavily invested in anything iApple. No other development is going on. I gave up on them after waiting for ever while kept spending money on their "updated software" hoping that it will eventually be released for Android or WebOS. so far that hope hasn't panned out, yet iPad version of ewallet was released a day head of schedule. You might want to try Lastpass.com as they have pretty good import capability from ewallet. Its not as pretty as ewallet but does the job
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I've given up waiting, too, and switched to jVault. They have both a webOS app and a desktop client as well. Since I didn't have all that much data anyway, I simply re-entered things. A minor pain, to be sure, but tolerable.

So far, I've been happy with jVault.