1.    #1  
    With so many companies doing & offering VOiP one would wonder why Skype is taking a wait & see approach. There are quite a few other companies with their offerings. Hearing & seeing that webOS is easily developed for, then why wouldn't it be posssible for someone else to step in.... Even a wifi version could become a hit.

I'm sure some may be waiting for the SDK...But Skype is waiting on some hard data/stats. Strange.. As easy as it would be to write it, is potential revenue not that important?
    What do you think? (someone showed me a blackberry beta app & called thailand like it was nothing)...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    With so many companies doing & offering VOiP one would wonder why Skype is taking a wait & see approach. There are quite a few other companies with their offerings. Hearing & seeing that webOS is easily developed for, then why wouldn't it be posssible for someone else to step in.... Even a wifi version could become a hit.

I'm sure some may be waiting for the SDK...But Skype is waiting on some hard data/stats. Strange.. As easy as it would be to write it, is potential revenue not that important?
    What do you think? (someone showed me a blackberry beta app & called thailand like it was nothing)...
    the thing is you can use skype to go with anyone so calling out its not that big of a deal be nice though to have the app more for the messaging part i think
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'd like to see a Skype messenger app, even if it doesn't have the full calling service on it initially.

Then again, it took a long time for Skype to make an iPhone app as well, didn't it? They seem to be pretty cautious with their development staff's time generally, so I don't think it's necessarily a snub of the Pre.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I'd like to see a Skype messenger app, even if it doesn't have the full calling service on it initially.
    Likewise. We use Skype messaging in the office, so that would be more useful than AIM. I don't really care about Skype for VOIP, I've never had good luck with that even on my computer, signals constantly dropping and poor connection quality even in the latest version.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I wonder if the makers of fringe will make an app. That worked alot better than the actual skype app on my ipod touch...