Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Shortcovers is buggy as crap, at least on my Pre so I was wondering if anyone here knew if Mobipocket has plans to bring their reader to the Pre platform? I tried using it under Classic and that didn't work out so well.

I was also wondering if anyone heard anything about Amazon.com bringing their Kindle software to the Pre similar to the way they did with the iPhone? There was a blurb in the tech news a couple of months ago about Amazon planning to bring the Kindle software to other cell phones.

My thinking is if Amazon.com is an "Official Launch Partner" that it stands to reason to expect the Kindle software to arrive on the Pre sooner rather than later.
    I find eReader to be the best. Here is a response I received when I wrote their customer support:

eReader does not work with the Palm Pre Web OS at this time. We are reviewing the requirements now to get it to work and we definitely plan to support the Palm Pre. However, we do not have a time table on when it will be available. Watch for updates on our website and in our newsletters.

Best Regards,

Andy
    eReader.com Support Team
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Back when I was using the 1st Gen iPhone (pre App Store), I used to use Readdle. It is a great free ebook reader web app with a virtually unlimited storage capacity (I think about 50 mb). To check it out, check readdle.com. I know that this web app worked great for me on the iPhone, and I am sure it will be even better on the Web OS.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    One more post until I can post links. In any case, just google "readdle webapp"
    What file formats does the pre natively support? I wanted to redownload my weymouth new testament from here Weymouth New Testament in Modern Speech: John by Anonymous - Free eBook and I get other options like pdf, but I wanted to know if any of the other formats listed were supported.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.