1.    #1  
    Sound support?
    Trial is over. The need to start it over for this release as the last was barely beta.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  3.    #3  
    Bump
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Sound support?
    Doesn't seem to have sound, but they were listing that for the 1.1 release. I assume this is just a minor bugfix. They (Motionapps) really need a forum for Classic users...
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Trial is over. The need to start it over for this release as the last was barely beta.
    I think MotionApps should make Classic free while it's in Beta.

Otherwise I'm not going to be able to determine if each release fixes problems I have that keep me from using it. How will I know then if I'm ready to spend the $30?
    i agree.

Motionapps should keep this beta free! it's too buggy for a $30 app
    +1 $30 is too much for buggy beta software. I would have bought it had I seen a real finished useable release.
    I bought it because it actually does sorta work for an app that I rely on. But I agree that it's still a beta, and the trial period should be much longer, given the bugginess.
    I have half a dozen apps that I want to use. But one that I ABSOLUTELY must use daily. It does work under classic. Getting the data to my computer at the end of the week is a chore, but doable. I don't know why the classic can't do a netsync over wifi. I would personally do a monkey dance to motionapps if they implemented this.
    I want to keep it, but I won't pay for it unless I can get IRC working on the thing. That and a financial app of some sort. I guess I am impatient and am missing those apps from my Treo.

If they work out the bugs maybe I'll come back to it, there are certainly tons of other apps to try within it if it's working correctly.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    I think MotionApps should make Classic free while it's in Beta.

Otherwise I'm not going to be able to determine if each release fixes problems I have that keep me from using it. How will I know then if I'm ready to spend the $30?
    Agree 100%. For most of the past week I had the slider/battery/power loss problem with my Pre constantly resetting if I so much as set it down wrong on the table or shook it in my pocket. Finally I get the issue solved and load about 40 PalmOS apps onto the phone, run Classic, and it tells me the trial period is up. Fantastic. I'm not plunking down $30 until I hear from other people it will run most of those 40 apps I tried to trial...
    Without seeing them add the pinch function for using smaller icons- I can't buy this. I really like Agendus, but the interface is reliant on stylus use- and is not nearly as usable on the Pre. Also agendus "send contact" doesn't work. So not only on the pre can I not send a vcard- but even in classic using agendus via blutooth or email I still can't send an address or appointment.

Now that I can't test a full version release of Classic, I guess they're not interested in my $$$.

Not wise in my opinion as I had high hopes for Classic- and was impressed by what it was doing so far- but $30 might buy a FEW pre apps- so perhaps it's time I leave the past behind...
    Classic was the reason I was fine with buying the Pre knowing there wouldn't be a great deal of new applications on launch. But it's so buggy, and lacking in features that it's been a real let down. My trial is ending today, and I have no intentions of buying it until they lower the price and make it usable.
    It's clear that they wanted to get this out ASAP, because sooner or later there will be apps that run on the Pre that are adequate (or much better) replacements for many of the old PalmOS apps. There's a limited time window for Classic to be useful to most people. Still, the 7-day trial period is ludicrous.
    Once the 1.1 version comes out, maybe they'll restart the trial period. If not, you could email them and ask. I'd bet they'd want people to give them another chance.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Motionapps should keep this beta free! it's too buggy for a $30 app
    You guys are complaining about a $30 app in its (FIRST GEN) stage. But you defend a buggy phone and are willing to pay over $200 for it..?!?

::boggle::
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    You guys are complaining about a $30 app in its (FIRST GEN) stage. But you defend a buggy phone and are willing to pay over $200 for it..?!?

::boggle::
    buggy phone? what was your personal usage experience? your Pre crashed? your Pre's browser crashed? your calls keep dropping? you battery died in an hour? your screen broke just by sitting there on the table?

if you don't have any, you can just stop bs-ing. you don't jump on here before you know anything. Im tired of some people here obviously meant to do nothing other than provoking baseless crap.

Vicious crap just show how some people are threatened. Especially when the post contain zero facts of his/her own.