Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Thanks for answering my question bdhu! Now I just have to figure out a way to convert my 1Password data to SplashID. I have exported it to a text file, yet need to find a way to convert it from a tab delimited file to a CSV text file. I'm on a Mac, so many of the utilities I found won't work. If I figure it out, I'll post instructions on another thread.
    got it to work using VId after scrubbing file in Excel, importing to Splash Desktop and exporting.
    I tried to import the data and nothing seemed to happen. I copied the VID file and see the file after pressing import while in the SplashID app. The file appears. I have tried pressing on the VID file and the app immediately reverts back to the sample data. Nothing happens at all. No processing, message or anything. I was expecting to see something and saw nothing.

Any ideas? I am on v 3.36 of the desktop application. If I upgrade, to the 4.0x version, do I have to pay for it?

In the prior post, what do you mean by scrubbing the data? Which fields? eliminating Notes? Is there something specific that you think is causing the problem in your data?
    Update. I tried the new application version 0.4.7 tonight. This started out way better but the end result was a no go.

Application data came up almost instantly when loading the VID file from 4.16 Desktop (I updated yesterday). There was no scrubbing the data whatsoever. All the data was there and could be accessed with categories visible etc. Also, ( a biggie) the Notes are now available in the new version of the application. I thought everything was fine until....I closed and restarted the app.

When I closed the application and restarted, everything was gone. All the data disappeared and the program reset as though I had just loaded it for the first time with the same 3 description pages and a request to enter my password twice along with a hint.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Okay to everyone. The vid and csv works. All of it is working, you just have to be patient when you import into the SplashID Pre.

Splash ID, on the Pre, times out due to idle screen. You can keep tapping it to prevent it from idling or let it time out and bring it back up. If you use the vid, you get your categories and types in tact. If you use csv, some of your categories may be unreadable.

Yes. I do it all the time for the desktop version and I just tried it with the Pre version. It'll really be helpful thanks to the Pre's ability to multitask.
    Can you explain to newbie how to actually import the data from my desktop to my Pre. I downloaded the app and that is on my Pre but from there I am somewhat lost on exactly step by step on how to proceed. Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brians View Post
    Can you explain to newbie how to actually import the data from my desktop to my Pre. I downloaded the app and that is on my Pre but from there I am somewhat lost on exactly step by step on how to proceed. Thank you!!
    The only way currently to get data from SplashID Desktop to the Pre is to:
    1. Export a vID or CSV file from SplashID Desktop (make sure it is not password protected);
    2. Copy the file via USB mode to the Pre;
    3. Open SplashID on the Pre and select Import;
    4. Once the import is successful you can then delete the vID/CSV file you brought over to the Pre.

If you are updating from a previous version of SplashID on your Pre, make sure you delete all records on your Pre before importing again.
    Last edited by MarkY; 07/02/2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Marky - Thank You
    It worked great!
    UPDATE: I was able to finally get things working. I deleted my prior version, uploaded 0.4.8 and then reviewed my data prior to exporting the VID file. In my "scrub" of the data, I eliminated some "$" and "#" signs. From there, I set SplashID to lock after 15 minutes prior to starting the process and everything is working. It went pretty quickly.
    Can you export from the Pre version of the SplashID to a .csv file to import back into the desktop application?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Can you export from the Pre version of the SplashID to a .csv file to import back into the desktop application?
    No. It's strictly from desktop to Pre.
    Possible to switch SplashID data from Treo 800w to Palm Pixi (once released) sans computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Possible to switch SplashID data from Treo 800w to Palm Pixi (once released) sans computer?
    Bump!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12