1.    #1  
    On the G1 (actually, even the Treo Pro), you could choose to use Google Maps or the Nav software to search. It would be nice to have Sprint Nav as part of the universal search, or when an address comes up, give me the option to choose between that and Google Maps. GM is nice for getting the phone number, calling, etc. But if I need to drive somewhere, I have to open up Sprint Nav and do the process all over again.

That is, unless I missed a setting somewhere on the phone. Anyone?
    Don't think this is currently an option, but I agree that it would be really beneficial to add this feature.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    yeah, it seems kind of silly, that programs like 'where' and anything else, defaults to google maps. If i am trying to find a restaurant, yes a map is nice, and directions are nice, but turn-by-turn GPS is the best.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Even worse. If you are in Sprint Navigation.

Select Drive To > Contact

It just brings up a screen that says "NO ADDRESSES FOUND".

Umm.... OK...

BTW I have several contacts with addresses.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post

Umm.... OK...

I've heard that people have that issue, but everyone of my contacts is listed, and I have 531 to date in my address book. I'm not sure why it's not working for some. I DO have Exchange Server; I don't know if that makes a difference.

I will say this though; this is the first phone that I've had with TeleNav that has shown my contacts; my Treos never did, and the G1 never did.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I've heard that people have that issue, but everyone of my contacts is listed, and I have 531 to date in my address book. I'm not sure why it's not working for some. I DO have Exchange Server; I don't know if that makes a difference.

I will say this though; this is the first phone that I've had with TeleNav that has shown my contacts; my Treos never did, and the G1 never did.
    Interesting. I may play around with this.

I did not add all of my contacts from Outlook to it because I do not want a few hundred contacts on my phone. I simply exported the ones I did want and imported them into my gmail account.
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post

Umm.... OK...

I have the same issue. All my contacts did come from a Google account.

It's in the bug list:
    59. Navigation does not pull addresses from contacts when they were created in Google profile. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...glist-pre.html

Extremely annoying...