Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I use Google Apps for my personal email, so it's a Google account, but not a Gmail account. I've seen people that have a @gmail.com email address setup the sync, and the icon on the Pre for the mail is a Google Mail logo. I had to manually setup IMAP for my Google App domain, so the mailbox type appears as IMAP and it's a plain blue envelope logo. I'm not so worried about the logo on the mailbox, but I read push GMail was available on the Pre (even using IMAP), but is that only for @gmail.com addresses, or ones that the Pre knows as Google Mail account (it just thinks my custom domain is a plain IMAP connection now, even though it's hosted by Google). Has anyone found a way to let your Pre know this custom domain is really a GMail account? It setup my calendar and contacts sync fine, but I explicitly told it that it was a Google account. In setting up the mail, I couldn't find a way to tell it that it was specifically a Google mailbox (just POP, IMAP, or EAS).

I'm using the logo (plain blue envelope versus GMail logo) as just an indiciator as to what the Pre thinks the mailbox is, and if it doesn't think that mailbox is Gmail, then are there other features (like the push) that I'm missing out on, or will the Pre support push IMAP from any IMAP account that supports it?

I hope I explained that OK... Thanks.

- Joe
    Hmm, when I set up my Google apps account I set it up in the Pre Calender and it automatically set it up as Google mail in the email app. Its a myname@mydomain.com Google apps account and it shows up as a Google account in the Pre email app. I think the key is to set up the Calender first.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That took care of it. I was following the instructions at google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=150695 that tell you to sync Contacts and the rest should follow... but I did the Calendar as you suggested, and the Contacts and Mail just followed.

Thanks for the help.