Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've just seen a working version of Yahoo IM on the Pre. I cannot tell you where but the rep showed me Palm Pre Version 1.2 and it includes Yahoo IM and MSN IM. He said it would be out within a couple of weeks. Further, he said that they are planning to do dot releases every month to catch up with Apple. Last but not least, they are working on video recording. I asked him if it the hardware currently supported it, and he said yes. That it was 100% a software issue.

Ivan
    Quote Originally Posted by 97rr View Post
    I've just seen a working version of Yahoo IM on the Pre. I cannot tell you where but the rep showed me Palm Pre Version 1.2 and it includes Yahoo IM and MSN IM. He said it would be out within a couple of weeks. Further, he said that they are planning to do dot releases every month to catch up with Apple. Last but not least, they are working on video recording. I asked him if it the hardware currently supported it, and he said yes. That it was 100% a software issue.

Ivan
    If that is the case, I will be picking up a Pre in the next few weeks.
    I would be giddy beyond belief if a vendor would actually include OTR (off the record) encryption in their IM clients. Pidgin and Adium support this on every OS for just about every protocol (aim, yahoo, msn, etc)e generically, and is well supported and well known to end users. I know carriers and .gov love watching IM's and texts on their networks, but it would be nice to see something for security-conscious users as well to keep their private conversations truly private.

Any dev's from palm reading? Hello....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12