1.    #1  
    Anyone know if it's possible - I love my little Sling....
    I read a review in the app store for classic specifically saying that sling does NOT work. Sorry
    no I have tried it and that is the only reason I'm not purchasing classic. It will start up the app and everything but when it starts playing and it says its playing it doesn't display anything but only shows a black screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    no I have tried it and that is the only reason I'm not purchasing classic. It will start up the app and everything but when it starts playing and it says its playing it doesn't display anything but only shows a black screen.
    Me too, I would have bought classic if it did.
    I miss my Sling Player on my Treo 700p.
    Sprint TV doesn't hold a candle to it.
    I need to call Sling and beg them to get a Web OS player out ASAP.
    I'm pretty certain this is in development... looking forward to the sling on my pre as well.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Nope sling does not work , I beleive they said if theres enough interest they will look into making an APP but i wouldnt hold my breath. They first said no. And it took them years to make a palm app and 2 years to make a Iphoen App. and I think the blackberry app is finally coming out after years of saying its coming or just came out?? something like that. Its unfortunate as Slingplayer is a must buy app.
    I would probably buy a slingbox if they did come out with an app. I bet others would as well.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Me too, I would have bought classic if it did.
    Ditto.
    Sprint Pre user since June 2009. Previously a long time Treo user (600, 650, 700p and 755p). Will probably be changing to Android or iPhone if Sprint does not offer Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by baai View Post
    Ditto.
    +2
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I was holding out on getting a pre until a slingbox app came out, but I couldn't wait any longer, no I'm really missing it!! I would hope a homebrew expert programmer could figure out a way to get the codec issue "fixed" so that the classic emulator would work... might be easier than trying to write a whole new client.