1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get the software to pull the address book and calendar off the Pre and back them up to my Mac?

I thought that was the entire purpose of this software, but it isn't working. It says the sync is successful each time. (I was able to sync photos through the USB sync.) But the WiFi sync which is used to sync contacts and calendars isn't updating the database in either Address Book or iCal,

Any help is appreciated

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    its still in beta so i don't think EVERYTHING is working yet, hell i can't even get my my phone to pair with it yet. prolly an issue with my home network and settings on my mac, will just have to play around with it when i have time to see where my issue is.

BTW i did read the gmail contacts wont pull over, but you can do that from gmail online yourself, but it takes a little effort to do it this way unless you get a program to do it for you.

and i know i read that it will pull your bookmarks over from safari AND firefox ( and others) but right now it only does safari from what i have seen.
  3.    #3  
    I only have my Google Contacts and Palm Profile linked to my Pre. I really want to be able to back up my Palm Profile contacts locally on my Mac because there are about 200 there.

I only have MissingSync to sync my contacts, calendar and photos.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully this gets updated before the official release and I'll be able to test it.

didnt know that many people had Macs
    Did you set it so that the device will overwrite your Mac?
  6.    #6  
    Contacts only have options for "Synchronize" or "Overwrite Device with Desktop Data"

Calendar has sync setting for Device to overwrite the computer data but it still didn't work.

I loaded the desktop version my Mac and downloaded the app to the Pre pressed the sync button on the Pre and voila my addressbook and iCal where sync'd to the phone contacts and calendar.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior47321 View Post
    I loaded the desktop version my Mac and downloaded the app to the Pre pressed the sync button on the Pre and voila my addressbook and iCal where sync'd to the phone contacts and calendar.
    Was that just syncing what was in your Address Book and in iCal to the Pre? Or was that actually pulling your information from the Pre and loading it all into the Address Book and iCal on your Mac?

Mine seems to only be doing on way sync (Mac to Pre) but it won't sync anything from the Pre (Palm Profile or Google Contacts) to my Mac.

Instead of making a new thread I'll post in this one.
    Anyone else install missing sync and had it sync their bookmarks, but theres no where to get them? The instructions somewhere said there is supposed to be a special part of the application that shows your bookmarks it imported. I see the files on the pre when I mount it as USB drive, so I know it synced it but the app is so bare bones.