1.    #1  
    Downloading now. Looks pretty cool.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Whoa! I didn't think it'd be out this soon. I'm using the desktop version and had used the iPhone version. Kudos to Evernote! This app is even slicker than the iPhone version! I must visit their site to let them know.
    This makes me really happy, I was using Evernote allot on my HTC Touch Pro. It's is a real treat.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Actually, apparently they've been developing it for months. It was supposed to be one of the apps that was included at launch but it wasn't due to "factors beyond their control."

It's a nice start but it has a lot less functionality than the Windows Mobile version at least (which I'd used before). You can only browse through recent apps, you can't actually do any text searches of notes, but have to find them manually. You can edit and create new notes, though. Good for basics, but it needs a lot of work. I'm just happy that it's out at all. I wasn't expecting it so soon, maybe in a few weeks at most, but not this soon.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    you can't actually do any text searches of notes, but have to find them manually
    You just start typing from the main screen to initiate a search, and it does pull the information from within the notes. Unless you mean when you have a note up and be able to search within it, that it doesn't do.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    You just start typing from the main screen to initiate a search, and it does pull the information from within the notes. Unless you mean when you have a note up and be able to search within it, that it doesn't do.
    Argh! I knew I was missing something! Well, that makes things a lot easier. Of course right now I'm not able to connect at all. I'll have to try again later...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    are Windows Live Search and OneNote mobile. I bought Evernote, several years ago now, when it was at the more useful 2.x release. However, since I no longer use WinMo and, thus, lost OneNote mobile, I'll have to give Evernote 3.x another try. Sigh. 2.x rocked.
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    hey this evernote app isn't so bad. i hope palm comes out with a native memo app solution though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to search. It's too easy, I guess.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, I previously had logged into evernote on my phone, and everything worked fine today, while in an area with 0 signal, I tried to use evernote, and it wouldn't go. it seems as though a network connection is required to use evernote, which is really unfortunate. has anyone else has the same experience? is there a setting I am missing?
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    So, anyone know at least a semi automated way to get all ones PalmOS memos over into Evernote? The search looks good enough I could foregone categories if need be. I"m new to it, but have already started playing with it on my desktop, and have manually pasted some notes out of Palm Desktop into Evernote Desktop.
    Very nice so far.

PalmOS's memo export looks straight forward, but I'm not sure how to get them into Evernote. I'll read some more, but if any experienced Evernote user has ideas already, I'm all ears.

Will also want to learn whether Universal search will eventually find things in Evernote, or if those items will only ever be discoverable via Evernote-search. All ears on that one too. Their website implies a lot more functionality coming soon.
    PalmPilot > Pilot Pro > PalmIII > PalmV > m500 > m505 > KyoceraPalmPhone > Treo650 > Centro > ?pre?
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so, I previously had logged into evernote on my phone, and everything worked fine today, while in an area with 0 signal, I tried to use evernote, and it wouldn't go. it seems as though a network connection is required to use evernote, which is really unfortunate. has anyone else has the same experience? is there a setting I am missing?
    I'm pretty sure the Evernote app stores all your data on their servers, and not on your phone. So, in order to use your data you would have to have a signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Argh! I knew I was missing something! Well, that makes things a lot easier. Of course right now I'm not able to connect at all. I'll have to try again later...
    I know how it feels. I was pissed that in Web browser I have to scroll all the way to top in order to type in new web address in address field. One day just start typing while I was all the way at the bottom of web page and web address field showed up and it start typing. Color me impressed. I still need a way to go all the way on top in browser though
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I think that if you export your memos from the Palm OS as a text file, you SHOULD be able to import them into the DESKTOP Evernote app, then sync it to the cloud, which will then sync to your phone.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    for some reason i can't get evernote pass the loading screen
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yep, same here. I can get in from the web on my desktop as well as the desktop client, just not from the Pre.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by testament View Post
    for some reason i can't get evernote pass the loading screen
    mine takes a while (sometimes about 30 seconds) but it will eventually make it. I don't know what it's doing, but it seems if you have low signal, it takes a while to load.

hopefully they fix it up, and I would LOVE it it created a local cache of your notes.

and also, I woudlnt mind if there was an option to keep you logged in.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    well it spends up to an hour on the loading screen and never gets passed that so i just close it
    Sometimes is laggy, I like it tho, I can keep in mind things i wanna buy if i see them on the run with my pre