Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I decided to play with iTunes sync this morning. I tried syncing a playlist I use for podcasts. I do this so that I can sort them by the length as I like to listen to the shortest ones first. According to iTunes the sync went fine and I had about 1GB of stuff on the Pre from that playlist. However, when I went into the Music app on the Pre, it couldn't find any music.

I was able to sync some music, then I tried syncing podcasts directly and was able to. I had removed the podcast playlist from the sync, so I thought I'd try readding it, once I did, the playlist shows up.

So, basically if you want to sync a podcast playlist, you also have to tell iTunes to sync podcasts in general, or at least the podcasts that you expect to be in that playlist. Maybe this is the same for the iPod as well, I probably have it selected in iTunes, I just didn't want to sync all my podcasts at once because I have a lot, so this playlist is also a way of limiting what I put on the Pre. Now I basically have to limit in by other means (unchecking stuff basically)...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How well does the Pre handle podcasts? I listen to a lot of podcasts on my iPod, with iTunes set to sync the specific podcasts I want.

Is there a separate section in the Pre for them or do they just show up as any other music. Also does it update the new status on them to prevent syncing old podcasts?

You said you had it set to not sync podcasts, so this is slightly different. This is one of the last things I want to know before buying a Pre.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It seems that the Pre creates a playlist called "Podcasts" (in addition to whether you have any seperate playlists that you use like I do to filter your podcasts into different containers). I don't have any music on my Pre, but if I go into "Songs" it shows all my podcasts, so I think it might mix them...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Ok thanks.

Hopefully they will fix that or there will be an app that works better soon. But I guess it at least syncs them and creates that playlist so you have some filtering.