Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    to what profile do you sync the desktop in pocketmirror?

unfortunately i have used the data assistant to sync my Pre to my Palm Profile. I am afraid if i use Pocketmirror also, i will get duplicates. ANyone encounter this?
    The Pre will merge info for obvious duplicate contacts?
    I don't think this would be an issue. Especially if they both came from the same original source.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeyda View Post
    Hey folks! I just installed and synced with the Beta version of Chapura PocketMirror and not only did it work perfectly [COLOR="Red"]BUT IT SYNCED ALL MY TASKS AND NOTES AS WELL!![/COLOR] Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks are all on my Pre.
    Hrm. I wish mine would do that. In fact I contacted Chapura through their website about 30 minutes ago and it took them less than 20 minutes to reply. You can tell my questions buy reading their response, here it is:

Currently PocketMirror can only synchronize Calendar and Contacts. We do hope to add Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes sync at some point in the future.

As for photos, right now the way we are able to connect with the Pre's contact list we are not able to sync photos. But if that ability becomes available we will likely add it.

I will forward your suggestions to our development team.

Thank You,
    Jeff
    Chapura Support
    Microsoft Outlook sync software for your Palm and password management software for your PC

There you have it, tasks and memos to come. Pictures..... maybe?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I wish I could connect over bluetooth to sync with outlook, my large company doesnt allow wifi at work and exchange doesnt work with the existing security profiles. I guess I will just have to wait another 2 months for the exchange update and in the mean time use crappy OWA.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is there a way to make your pre syn existing contacts from the Palm profile to outlook? I can't seem to find this option.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeyda View Post
    Hey folks! I just installed and synced with the Beta version of Chapura PocketMirror and not only did it work perfectly [COLOR="Red"]BUT IT SYNCED ALL MY TASKS AND NOTES AS WELL!![/COLOR] Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks are all on my Pre.
    My guess is that you had previously done a DTA download. DTA pushes your tasks and memos from your PC to the Pre (one way, each time you run it). I don't believe anyone else has been so lucky that PM added Tasks and Notes so far. If it's a fluke on your machine, then good on ya!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hmmm, now that I think of it, I probably should have taken this opportunity to purge my older appointments. Oh well, I hope the syncing works when I do purge them from my computer.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Just looked at my running processes. Chapura's SynMgr.exe running 74MB !!!! I hope they can get that down.
    I think someone else had this question, but I didn't see an answer.... Will Pocket Mirror bring Outlook formatting for calendar events over to the Pre?

We use colors to distinguish family members' activites in Outlook. It would be great to see the same formating in the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwchambe View Post
    I wish I could connect over bluetooth to sync with outlook, my large company doesnt allow wifi at work and exchange doesnt work with the existing security profiles. I guess I will just have to wait another 2 months for the exchange update and in the mean time use crappy OWA.
    Until the EAS works properly, you can use Google as the intermediate step and sync contacts and calendar items.

I bought software called gsyncit, which syncs outlook calendar & contacts (as many folders as you want) with Google. Then the pre syncs with Google. It was only $10.

It works really well, but I am excited to get EAS working properly so I don't have to have an intermediate step.

On a separate note, I wish Pocket Mirror would sync multiple folders as our corporate contacts are in another folder.
    I had already done the one-time sync with Outlook. Last night, I tried PocketMirror. Bummer; it duplicated just about every contact on my Pre. If you have already transferred outlook data, this does not look like a good solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt26 View Post
    I had already done the one-time sync with Outlook. Last night, I tried PocketMirror. Bummer; it duplicated just about every contact on my Pre. If you have already transferred outlook data, this does not look like a good solution.
    Consider yourself lucky. Not all of my contacts transferred when I used DTA, so I tried a second time. Now that I've used Chapura, some of my contacts, about 600 of them, have 3 profiles, two of them identical Palm profiles. What little spare time I have is now being used to delete the now superfluous Palm profiles one at a time.

BUT, this still is an excellent solution. It transferred all of my contacts, and will sync back to Outlook if I ever make changes on the phone. The Palm profile can't do that.
    All,

I am an emergency physician and track my calendar with Outlook. I was delighted to use the Chapura product. Sadly my shifts start at 10PM and go until 6AM the following morning. So far to date, the Pocket Mirror has performed an accurate sync for TWO shifts of the 16-18 I work per month. The rest are not visible in either the day or week mode, but are visible in the month view.

I do not know if others are having this problem but it is very annoying and a deal breaker for me. I do not use Google Calendar at all and should not have to with this product. I have discussed this with Chapura and they sent me the following message:

"Currently, the webOS Calendar is not able to display all of the Outlook
    recurrence patters. As a result, you may see this behavior. Palm is
    aware of this issue and is working on a solution. "

I have discussed this with Sprint and Palm tech support as well. I am nearing my 30 days use of the Pre and need a reliable calendar. Having to transfer from Outlook to Google and then to Pre seems counter to the logic of the simplicity of the Pre.

Have others had this problem and solved it??

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I have exchange, so no worries. But I also act as tech support for my father, who uses standalone Outlook. He was a Palm-desktop user for contacts and calendar, but a quick change of the conduits and a sync from his Treo 680 put everything in Outlook. Now I'd like to get him set up with Chapura, but he likes to add things in two places, his home PC and his work PC. Can Pocketmirrer Pre be configured to sync with two different Outlook installs on different computers? With Hotsync this works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    I do not know if others are having this problem but it is very annoying and a deal breaker for me. I do not use Google Calendar at all and should not have to with this product. I have discussed this with Chapura and they sent me the following message:

"Currently, the webOS Calendar is not able to display all of the Outlook
    recurrence patters. As a result, you may see this behavior. Palm is
    aware of this issue and is working on a solution. "
    Yep, I have a similar problem and got the same answer from Chapura. As a KeySuite user on my 700p, I'm hopeful that Chapura will get working on their own apps for Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and Notes if Palm can't get their butts in gear soon. Their KeySuite software works flawlessly syncing Outlook with my 700p.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I downloaded the application and the software for PocketMirror, but when asked by the application to enter the email and password it doesnt let me type. It doesn't even go to the fields. It highlights Sync and/or Synchrozize Now at the bottom but not Email Address or Password.

I even went into the Manager on the computer and its not detecting it.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Ok, this might be a weird question, but is there anyways to get the contacts OFF the pre and into outlook?

I have alot of contacts that i added from facebook and gmail that i wanted to put into outlook but cant find anyway of doing it except doing it manually and someone told me to try pocketmirror, but that didnt do anything for me. Anyone know a way to do
    Quote Originally Posted by btrotta View Post
    I use outlook and didn't want to have to create a gmail account and calendar just to transfer all my contacts, so when I saw this was out in Beta I had to try it. Downloaded the client to the Pre and my desktop, installed .Net 3.5, rebooted, and it worked PERFECTLY. All my contacts and all appointments were in the Pre at last.

I do have one issue, and it's with the way the Pre sorts contacts, I have a lot of police and fire departments in my contacts and they are all listed under D for Department instead of under the first letter of the town they are in. ie the Podunk Police Department shows up under D instead of P for Podunk. Anyone have any ideas?
    This is something of a pain. Depending on how you have the names typed into Outlook, PocketMirror will copy the first/middle/last into different places. So your Pre probably has first name == Podunk, middle name == Police, last name == Department which is why it shows up under "D".

The way I fixed it was to run contacts, click on a particular person, then click "edit". When you're there, you can click on the "Contacts [downarrow]" in the title bar, and choose "name details".

This is where cut-and-paste comes in handy, especially if you have a lot of them.

The good news is that once you do it, PocketMirror "understands" the change and doesn't duplicate or overwrite or anything.

Truth be told, matching that way seems a little naive on the part of Chapura, but perhaps it's something that's required for some reason. (Or perhaps they'll read this and do something more sophisticated before the beta becomes final.

Rob
    I asked Chapura about added the ability to synch Notes and this is was there response.

We do hope to add Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes sync at some point in
    the future.

The needed interface for us to be able to synchronize with these
    applications is currently not available. When that functionality is
    available we will updated or product to provided task and note
    synchronization.

So I think once they can actually see Pre code they will be able to add everything that we desire and should've had not to mention fix the logic that's causing the duplicates.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My Chapura has stopped working. I was only able to use it for about 2 days and now it says that my desktop is firewalled. I know for a fact that my Windows firewall is off (I know it's a bad idea), and there is no firewall installed in my home router.

The Chapura icon is green, but I get the following message in the log:
    CcpHttpServer:line 1511
    -->ERROR: No such host is known
    at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
    at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
    at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
    at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(String hostNameOrAddress, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options)

I was pleased with this program up until now, and now I doubt I'll purchase this program after 1.0 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by eesucks View Post
    My Chapura has stopped working. I was only able to use it for about 2 days and now it says that my desktop is firewalled. I know for a fact that my Windows firewall is off (I know it's a bad idea), and there is no firewall installed in my home router.

The Chapura icon is green, but I get the following message in the log:
    CcpHttpServer:line 1511
    -->ERROR: No such host is known
    at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
    at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
    at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
    at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(String hostNameOrAddress, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options)

I was pleased with this program up until now, and now I doubt I'll purchase this program after 1.0 comes out.
    EEsucks - there are a number of things that might cause that; so it might be premature to jump at Chapura just yet. (I do, however, think that they can/should do a little better with their error messages, for just this reason). Are you certain that the Pre isn't in airplane mode, and that the Wifi is on and connected to an access point that your computer is connected to (wired or wireless)?

Not only has WiFi been working for me, but I have the synch working over Bluetooth (with the PAN profile, without tethering). Not as fast as wifi, but pretty cool.

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Chapura, other than using their stuff since the early Palm days. To me, it's like democracy -- by no means perfect, but better than any other system we've found yet. )

Rob
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast