Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Does this app work with Windows Mail (Included with Vista)?
    May be an obvious question, but here goes anyway.

You do have to have the Pre physically attached to your PC in order to get them to sync, correct?

The perfect scenario would be to get Outlook to sync with Google, and then I could do the sync without having to attach the Pre to my PC.
    The application works seemlessly in transfering contacts and calendar information. It does so wirelessly over wifi.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Yes, I was surprised how nicely the app did work... Surprised for a Beta App..
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post

You do have to have the Pre physically attached to your PC in order to get them to sync, correct?

The perfect scenario would be to get Outlook to sync with Google, and then I could do the sync without having to attach the Pre to my PC.
    Why not just sync with gmail then? Seems like your just sync'n one extra time for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Why not just sync with gmail then? Seems like your just sync'n one extra time for no reason.
    Because Outlook is what I use at work and it would be my preferred storage, but the ability to sync wirelessly would be preferred. And we don't have wifi here at the office.

I do appreciate that I now have options available, which is always a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post

It doesn't sync you contacts but for the calendar use Google Calendar Sync. It syncs your Outlook Calendar to Gmail Calendar. And no, chapura is wireless.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    anyone know if it will sync with zimbra?
    i can use outlook, just doesnt sync yahooplus folders, zimbra does, acts much like outlook maybe so
    I still have my Centro and sync for that. Will setting and installing PocketMirror for the Pre have any effect on my Centro. I don't think so, but not sure.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    The missing sync is suppose to sell for 39.99 so I would bet this would be similar in price.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I was so wanting to try a new app for syncing, I installed the trial of Outlook 2007, set up the calendar and synced but is it me or does the Pre only have these very washed out pastel colors and no primary colors to tage events?
    I'm trying to get to where I can glance at the calendar and know the days off drs appts etc as I have those events in particular colors in month view.

Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    The missing sync is suppose to sell for 39.99 so I would bet this would be similar in price.
    Geez 40 bucks for an app that can sync......maybe i will use gmail after all.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I use outlook and didn't want to have to create a gmail account and calendar just to transfer all my contacts, so when I saw this was out in Beta I had to try it. Downloaded the client to the Pre and my desktop, installed .Net 3.5, rebooted, and it worked PERFECTLY. All my contacts and all appointments were in the Pre at last.

I do have one issue, and it's with the way the Pre sorts contacts, I have a lot of police and fire departments in my contacts and they are all listed under D for Department instead of under the first letter of the town they are in. ie the Podunk Police Department shows up under D instead of P for Podunk. Anyone have any ideas?
    Hey folks! I just installed and synced with the Beta version of Chapura PocketMirror and not only did it work perfectly [COLOR="Red"]BUT IT SYNCED ALL MY TASKS AND NOTES AS WELL!![/COLOR] Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks are all on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    You might need to change how your contacts are displayed on the Pre's preferences...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeyda View Post
    Hey folks! I just installed and synced with the Beta version of Chapura PocketMirror and not only did it work perfectly [COLOR="Red"]BUT IT SYNCED ALL MY TASKS AND NOTES AS WELL!![/COLOR] Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks are all on my Pre.
    Hows is that possible since it doesnt give and option to sync those items... I only have the option to sync Calander and Contacts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How does Chapura's solution compared to Mark/Space's?

Currently they're available for different platforms (PC vs Mac) through.

I'm not sure about Chapura's solution, but it seems to sync Calendar and Contacts only.

Mark/Space claims to do the same thing but also includes a "Proximity Sync" feature. It also sync other things but those have to be done with a USB connection.

All in all, this is just the beginning.
    Please explain...

When SyncManager runs, it displays sync activity for Contacts and Calendar. No Tasks or Notes. That's using:

SyncManager v0.9.3435.23607 (0.9.11)

and

PocketMirror V0.9.11

Lawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    How does Chapura's solution compared to Mark/Space's?

Currently they're available for different platforms (PC vs Mac) through.

I'm not sure about Chapura's solution, but it seems to sync Calendar and Contacts only.

Mark/Space claims to do the same thing but also includes a "Proximity Sync" feature. It also sync other things but those have to be done with a USB connection.

All in all, this is just the beginning.

yeh dont pocket mirror sync more?
    to what profile do you sync the desktop in pocketmirror?

unfortunately i have used the data assistant to sync my Pre to my Palm Profile. I am afraid if i use Pocketmirror also, i will get duplicates. ANyone encounter this?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast