Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Pre's Tasks app is not workable for me because I cannot access those tasks from my desktop computer.

I use Remember the Milk for my task manager on my desktop. It has lots of features and is very customizable. You can check it out here: Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management The pro version has mobile apps for the iphone, blackberry, and Windows Mobile.

Remember the Milk also has a mobile site, but I found the formatting on the Pre to be very poor and unworkable. However, in another thread nlowhor mentioned that Remember the Milk has a different, iphone-formatted mobile site, found here: Login - Remember The Milk I think this iPhone site works on the free account, but I'm not sure because I paid for the pro version.

The iphone-formatted mobile site works FANTASTIC for the Pre. It gives the Pre everything needed in a task manager, except for off-line mode. Hopefully Remember the Milk will release a Pre app soon.

A screenshot of the task view:

A screenshot of the list view (I've added a few of my own categories to this view:

Anyone who is serious about managing their tasks should check it out.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    And keep in mind that you can also add this to your launcher if you want, from the web browser.
    It looks neat but says there is a 15 day trial before requiring the Pro version. I don't think I will use it for that reason.
  4.    #4  
    It also integrates with Gmail and the Google Calendar on the desktop.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Great find, this definitely works for me! I linked RTM with my Google calender and will add the gmail and FF gadget when I get home. I wasn't sure how I was going to do without Outlook tasks and the categories available, but this is a decent substitute that is even better due to the various locations I have to input/retrieve/update task items. I was not too keen on paying the $25 for Pro version on the phone...but, I will decide after the 15 day trial. Honestly, it's probably worth the price because the tasks app on the Pre is just too basic for my needs.
    this might just work; only one problem: how am i gonna get my tasks from Palm Desktop to Remember the Milk?
    This is a great find. I love this program and have been using it for awhile with the google calendar. One question, Is there a way to set it so that when you open it, it comes up full screen instead of having to pinch to make it bigger?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Can you view your tasks in RTM when you are offline with the phone?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    This is a great find. I love this program and have been using it for awhile with the google calendar. One question, Is there a way to set it so that when you open it, it comes up full screen instead of having to pinch to make it bigger?
    yes there is. You need to use the iphone mobile link: I.rememberthemilk.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Can you view your tasks in RTM when you are offline with the phone?
    not yet. Waiting for the separare app to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    yes there is. You need to use the iphone mobile link: I.rememberthemilk.com
    note: that requires a pro account after the 15-day trial
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    This looks very promising, yet I can't figure out how to mark tasks as complete. Any ideas?

Update: Nevermind. I figured it out.
    Have a remember the milk account, want something cooler? Toodledo, very nice interface from iphone and much more useable than RTM.
    I am hoping for a Toodledo app for Pre.
    Both can be used with Jott, Jott is my life!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Just to add another option to the mix, I like the looks of Nozbe. It isn't just a simple to-do list, but it does cost money ($3.50-$7.00 for the average individual user).

I personally won't use them, because I need to enter my tasks into Outlook.
    Toodledo looks great...and it's free. How can I get this on my Pre?
    Is there a way to set up notification by either email, SMS or an additional Google Calendar?
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Is there a way to set up notification by either email, SMS or an additional Google Calendar?
    Remember the Milk can set up reminders via email, SMS, or IM: Remember The Milk - Help / FAQ / Reminders / How do I set email, instant messenger, and SMS reminders?
    I've been testing remember the milk for 2 weeks now and I am very impressed. I have a lot of my own tasks for work, and several volunteer organizations. I also have several direct reports and like to keep track of what I have delegated to them. With RTM I can easily keep track of all of it. I just paid for the Pro version today. Just like with Evernote, now I will never be without my tasks. I really like this cloud computing thing.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    BTW, I sent in a suggestion that they come out with an app for the Palm Pre. I encourage everyone to do the same. Here is the link
    Remember The Milk - Help / Help by Email / Suggest a feature
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    BTW, I sent in a suggestion that they come out with an app for the Palm Pre. I encourage everyone to do the same. Here is the link
    Remember The Milk - Help / Help by Email / Suggest a feature
    I did the same. Hopefully it will come soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast