Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    No. As mentioned above the photos synced with iPhoto must be original size. What you can do is export them with iPhoto's size "Large" and quality "high" settings and then put them into folders on the Pre. At 1280x960 the photos will be big enough to zoom in yet not take up a lot of space. Also I think trying to fit all your photos is a bit overkill especially once you start to have tens of thousands of photos.
    My library is about 14k, and yeah, that would just be absurd
    Help! When I open Address Book to sync, my options are MobileMe, Exchange, or Yahoo. How do I sync contacts with Gmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwbeckett1 View Post
    Help! When I open Address Book to sync, my options are MobileMe, Exchange, or Yahoo. How do I sync contacts with Gmail?
    You need an iPhone or iPod Touch for the option to be available. If not here's the hack. I never tried it myself and I don't know if it still works.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi there,
    I have a few questions about your iCal sync setup- I'm on mobile me, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to sync my calendar and preserve Mobile Me sync.

Did you export your iCal data, import to google, setup iCal <-> Google sync, then delete it off your Mobile Me account? If so, didn't that remove your iCal data from the web interface and from any Apple devices (I have an iPod touch which pulls calendar data from Mobile Me).

I've seen other folks with sync issues from iCal <-> Google, and I'm wondering if you feel it's stable enough to trust Google for sync instead of Mobile Me.

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctiptonk View Post
    Hi there,
    I have a few questions about your iCal sync setup- I'm on mobile me, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to sync my calendar and preserve Mobile Me sync.

Did you export your iCal data, import to google, setup iCal <-> Google sync, then delete it off your Mobile Me account? If so, didn't that remove your iCal data from the web interface and from any Apple devices (I have an iPod touch which pulls calendar data from Mobile Me).

I've seen other folks with sync issues from iCal <-> Google, and I'm wondering if you feel it's stable enough to trust Google for sync instead of Mobile Me.

Thanks for your help!
    Yeah it does remove your iCal data from me.com and that does suck. I actually have my iPod Touch to sync calendars via USB because me.com doesn't even support subscriptions anyways (Movie Releases, Holidays, etc.). I used the 15-day demo for Spanning Sync and I felt it's ease of setup and reliable syncing was really good especially if you're a MobileMe user and still want me.com to be synced up. I plan on purchasing it when I finally get a Pre.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12