1.    #1  
    So my 3 day old Sprint/Palm Pre doesn't support the features required by my companies Exchange Server whereas my 3 year old Sprint/Palm Treo 700p does.

Great step forward Palm!

Anyway does anyone know how I can transfer the VersaMail program off my 700p to the Pre using the Classic Palm Emulator from MotionApps?
    No problem setting it up. Seems to be working just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdominick View Post
    No problem setting it up. Seems to be working just fine.
    Where did you get the PRC for versaMail?
    EAS didnt work for me becuase I didnt have SSL. So then we added an expired cert., but that didnt work either. Now were trying to add a self signed cert. but having issues.
    I'm going to pull mine off of my 700p through file z. Actually, I already did that and emailed it to myself.

However, the pre will only allow me to try to OPEN the file, it won't let me just save it. AND since I can't transfer files via bluetooth, I'll just have to wait until I have my usb sync cord with me.
    I'm just saying that the native email app works just fine with Exchange for me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdominick View Post
    I'm just saying that the native email app works just fine with Exchange for me.
    Wish I could say the same. My company requires "pin locking" which the Pre doesn't currently support.
    Same problem here, I get the unsupported polices message.
    This is ridiculous.

Palm said themselves.....Treo Pro is the phone you should get if your IT has different policies and securities.

Will the Pre get them? Sure eventually....but they never mislead you.

People need to do their research.
    What version of Versamail did you use to get this to work in Classic? Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by anative View Post
    So my 3 day old Sprint/Palm Pre doesn't support the features required by my companies Exchange Server whereas my 3 year old Sprint/Palm Treo 700p does.
    You understand that this is vastly different from "EAS on Pre won't work"?

It will. The security settings your IT department requires won't, but EAS will.
    Those advanced security features SHOULD be added within 60 days according to Palm.
    any have success with this?
    VersaMail 3.5.4 seems to be the right version to try.

i was going to download Classic and give it a try, but wondered if anyone had success already.