Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    When an app we downloaded/purchased gets an update, how are we notified of this update?

Does the phone check daily to compare app versions on the phone with the app database to see if there's an update, and if so, shows a notification that there's an update available?

In the app launcher there's an "Updates" app, is that were app updates show up as well (or only OS updates)?

I'm just currious if anyone knows how the process works.

It looks like that Today app got an update today, can anyone confirm if and how you were notified of the update?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I saw it in the app catalog. There was no notification, but I didn't check the updates app before I accepted the update in app catalog.
    The Updates app is smart in pulling OS updates as well as individual application updates. I was wondering the same thing two nights ago and when I ran the app it knew there was a "Where" update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheekamoo View Post
    When an app we downloaded/purchased gets an update, how are we notified of this update?

Does the phone check daily to compare app versions on the phone with the app database to see if there's an update, and if so, shows a notification that there's an update available?

In the app launcher there's an "Updates" app, is that were app updates show up as well (or only OS updates)?

I'm just currious if anyone knows how the process works.

It looks like that Today app got an update today, can anyone confirm if and how you were notified of the update?