1.    #1  
    So I've seen a few posts that bemoan the lack of any way to sync the Memo application with Outlook (or any desktop application).

Personally, I relied on notes as much as email and calendar with my bb. I'm just too used to it to give it up.

So what are people doing as an alternative? Someone had mentioned before an online service called "Evernote" that appears to let you create notes based on Web pages you view. This is a great suggestion, but seems to be limited in regards to just entering free text.

So is there anything else out there that people are using as a workaround for now? Maybe one day there will be a desktop memo sync, maybe not. Bottom line is that I want to keep this phone because I'm in love with the interface. I just need to find a way to make everything else work!

Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The Missing Sync is coming to the rescue.

PreCentral blog
    Missing Sync Pre page
  3.    #3  
    But from quickly reading their marketing it doesn't make any mention of syncing memos/notes. Seems like it does everything but.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Im sure there will be an evernote app shortly. Evernote is awesome.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Boy an evernote app and a good tasks app would be great. The mobile version of Evernote isn't really all that good. I did find that you can email a note into Evernote. Works great for taking notes, just no great way for looking up notes.
  6.    #6  
    Oh well. For now I'll just think of notes as "not there." Or perhaps delete it from my phone. Hey, I lived without a phone at all in 1996, maybe I can get used to no notes.
    I used Notes & Tasks since my first Palm device (1996) If someone doesn't come up with a solution to sync all PIM info directly to my laptop/Outlook my next device may just be a BB. (I never thought I'd say that)
    Apparently notes & tasks are not important to many PrPrPr $users$ ($including$ $two$ $members$ $of$ $my$ $family$ - $got$ $their$ $Pr$'$s$ $Saturday$)

Good Luck
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the well wishes. I'm keeping this phone for 29 days and 23 hours if I can before I return it, but I didn't realize how much I relied on the Outlook data with notes and appts and all that junk. My backup plan if no solution is created is going to be that new BB Tour. Not a cool phone, but it looks useful.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I used Notes & Tasks since my first Palm device (1996) If someone doesn't come up with a solution to sync all PIM info directly to my laptop/Outlook my next device may just be a BB. (I never thought I'd say that)
    Apparently notes & tasks are not important to many PrPrPr $users$ ($including$ $two$ $members$ $of$ $my$ $family$ - $got$ $their$ $Pr$'$s$ $Saturday$)

Good Luck
    Well. I am not sure that this is correct. Have you done a Google search on Palm Pre or Palm webOS regarding Tasks and Notes?
    There is an unbelievable number of people looking for it. (Better PIM apps and syncing.)

Moreover: This PIM functionality is, what made up Palm. Their PIM and PDA functionality were second to none.

So neglecting it is hurting a big loyal user base.

Is Palm really aware of this?
    Hi,
    Evernote is here! And it is good. You can have written notes, snapshot notes and notes from camera roll.

You can use it offline and online.

And, you can use evernote.coms website via your browser

Quite good, although sometimes a little bit slow on the phone.

Anders H.
    Hi,

I use Chapura's Pocketmirror to sync Notes/Memos/Tasks/Contacts/Calendar wireless with Outlook.

The original message implies that there is no way to sync to Outlook?

I've been using it since the beginning of the Pre launch.

Never had a problem with it.

However, Pocketmirror uses it's own Notes/Memo app on the Pre to be able to sync to Outlook.

The reason is that the built in Memos app that came with the Pre does not support categories and Pocketmirror's own Notes app does.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    Well. I am not sure that this is correct. Have you done a Google search on Palm Pre or Palm webOS regarding Tasks and Notes?
    There is an unbelievable number of people looking for it. (Better PIM apps and syncing.)

Moreover: This PIM functionality is, what made up Palm. Their PIM and PDA functionality were second to none.

So neglecting it is hurting a big loyal user base.

Is Palm really aware of this?
    rgloor,

I have since moved to VZ Storm2 and love it. Syncs all of my PIMs. Couldn't wait for Palm to get with it.

My son and daughter-in-law have sinces moved from the Pre to the new HTC EVO. That's a very nice device. But not for me. They have alsways synced with Google. Google now has an app that syncs tasks. Memos/Notes still not there.

Hopefully the new H&P/Palm device will include those valuable PIM syncing features.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I agree PIM used to be important to Palm, but it only appears important to Palm die-hards now.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I found an issue now that Memo documents have disappeared from my device. Palm support doesn't have any good recommendations other that do a erase and restore -- which hasn't worked. They said others have seen this too. That's a major deal-breaker for me for the Memo app -- especially with no synced copy that I can get to. I found a great alternative for the task app, but was looking here for alternatives to the Memo.

Be beware I can no longer even trust my data to this application. Next is to look for a way to migrate my data to another app. Anyone have a solution for that?