Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    The Pre doesn't offer a native Archive button. Here is a hack to "enable" archive.

    Palm Pre Gmail archive hack | Lisa Brewster

    Remember, this setting will override the delete button functionality.
  2. #2  
    Thanks. I like to archive everything.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3. #3  
    lol funny I had figured that out a few hours ago.
  4. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #4  
    i didn't even realize when i deleted items that they weren't being archived. crap.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  5. #5  
    Thanks for the link love, guys!

    PS: Kilofoxtrot, that avatar is pure win.
    I work(ed) for Palm.

    Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
    http://www.enyojs.com
    http://twitter.com/adora
  6. #6  
    When I try to select my 'default folders' under my gmail account it says: "Not yet available" ???? anybody?
  7. #7  
    Just go to Gmail Labs "Advanced IMAP Options." Turn it on, and set the delete/expunge to archive the message. done.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    Just go to Gmail Labs "Advanced IMAP Options." Turn it on, and set the delete/expunge to archive the message. done.
    Ah!!!!!

    Set Auto-Expunge to: Do not automatically expunge messages

    Set When a message is expunged from the last visible IMAP folder: to: Archive the message

    Right?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Ah!!!!!

    Set Auto-Expunge to: Do not automatically expunge messages

    Set When a message is expunged from the last visible IMAP folder: to: Archive the message

    Right?
    This didnt work for me. It is still moving the deleted mails to the trash folder online even though I made those changes.
    Also, I have my gmail setup to use a different address for responses, but this is not being done correctly either. Any ideas???
  10. #10  
    This doesn't seem to work for me either. It removes it from the inbox on the phone but doesn't archive the message in Gmail.
  11. seekis's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #11  
    see the only problem with this is that sometimes i just want to DELETE a message not archive it. like xbox ads or certain newsletters. hoping google makes a fix...they should.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastivich View Post
    This doesn't seem to work for me either. It removes it from the inbox on the phone but doesn't archive the message in Gmail.
    Same for me! I've got it set to go to [GMail/All Items], but it never actually does that. It marks it as read almost instantly, but never moves. What am I doing wrong?

    Psych. Apparently the auto-expunge comment needs to be on. Now it works. I feel dumb.
    Last edited by eddieroger; 06/08/2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Correction.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    Same for me! I've got it set to go to [GMail/All Items], but it never actually does that. It marks it as read almost instantly, but never moves. What am I doing wrong?
    I set the Gmail account setting to "Immediately expunge messages when I mark them deleted in IMAP" and it seems to archive messages now.
  14. roninj's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #14  
    Just to condense the instructions, on your Pre, set the Trash folder to [Gmail]/ All Mail. On Gmail through the web, enable Advanced IMAP options in Gmail Labs, then under Forwarding and POP/IMAP, under IMAP access, change the Auto-expunge setting to "Immediately expunge messages when I mark them deleted in IMAP."

Posting Permissions