Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I know this an old thread, but it expresses my sentiments exactly.

Is there a good solution for tasks yet? I just realized that the Pre Tasks app has been deleting my recurring tasks from Outlook! I would prefer that they didn't sync at all if they are going to get deleted!
    Get Pocketmirror from Chapura. It even syncs recurring tasks and events from Outlook. The cost is $30.00, but the aggravation it saves is worth it if you want perfect syncing from Outlook to your Pre and vice versa.
    Thanks for the tip. Actually it is $40 according to the App Catalog.

I really am not in the mood to pay $40 just to sync my tasks. Is there any way to turn off sync for tasks? I'm looking into it. I will just make appointments for recurring personal tasks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. Actually it is $40 according to the App Catalog.

I really am not in the mood to pay $40 just to sync my tasks. Is there any way to turn off sync for tasks? I'm looking into it. I will just make appointments for recurring personal tasks.
    It was $29.95 when I purchased it. It has a 7 day free trial so you can see what it does. If you don't like it, don't purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaratz View Post
    It was $29.95 when I purchased it. It has a 7 day free trial so you can see what it does. If you don't like it, don't purchase it.
    Oh, I understand and I appreciate your suggestion. At least it is a viable solution. I'm just a little peeved that Palm didn't include basic functionality in its Tasks app like recurring tasks. Palm used to be the world leader in those kinds of apps.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I know this an old thread, but it expresses my sentiments exactly.

Is there a good solution for tasks yet? I just realized that the Pre Tasks app has been deleting my recurring tasks from Outlook! I would prefer that they didn't sync at all if they are going to get deleted!
    I like the "ToDo Classic" app. Has a lot more of the "feel" of the old Palm app.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    I thought it might sync with Google but it doesn't as best I can tell. So I would have to use this horrible Task app for now on the Pre!
    As far as I know, one is still waiting for Google to release the Tasks API in order to access it.

Let's urge Google to release it a.s.a.p. - like yesterday.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    ....and if that is the case. I can see why Palm would not invest alot of time into Tasks until more things sync them..

On the other hand (I use tasks ALL the time and would also be very upset about this.. if I owned a pre)
    However, this is no reason for taking a step back.

The webOS Tasks should at least have the functionality of the old PalmOS and more.
    Because, that is what Palm was always ahead of the others. With a great PIM app collection for good productivity.

Just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X1011 View Post
    say what you will about iPhone users, but many of the Pre users are coming from PalmOS and will want decent PIM.
    +1

I 100% agree with you.

That is me! Buying my first Palm (Palm III) just for this reason: great PIM
    Have been buying Palm Devices since then for 2 reasons:
    a) great PIM = Productivity Tool (leave behind ol' Paper Planner)
    b) having a great UI / User experience. I love the "Zen of Palm"

So Palm: Get the act together and tune up the PIM apps!
    PALM! ........ are you listening?
    adding to the fire. ideally, google task sync would be best, but I'll settle for something robust and backed up.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345