Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moved from Palm Pre Forum to webOS Apps and Software Forum.

- Craig
    I've had my Pre for just over a week now, and I've become so disappointed in the PIM apps that I'm beginning to wonder if I should return the Pre and either (1) switch back to the Centro or (2) give up on Palm altogether and switch to a Blackberry.

Everybody ooooed and ahhhhed over Palm hiring so many ex-Apple employees. Crappy PIM apps is the unfortunate result.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    for those of you who had an iphone or itouch, there is an app by appigo called todo which did tasks better than I've ever seen. The had so many different ways to organize, you could set the type, group in projects or checklist, and it was just so fully detailed. Something like this is highly needed! I'd pay ten bucks if they or someone else replicated it. (it synced with toodlle or something, outlook and remember the milk)
    Now that the Google calender and contacts syncs with the the Pre it is no leap that the task app should work the same way. Enter data either place phone or web and they should be harmonious. Also an alarm or pop up reminder on the phone. Maybe on the front, not a card (like the today screen)

Palm invented the PIM market but maybe they forgot how they got there.

I am very pleased with the phone and I know its a 1.0 OS, nice start and the potential is so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    "What the hell is wrong with th... ooh, pretty."
    LOL!!!

I think the people at Palm who invented PIM are no longer there.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    I've had my Pre for just over a week now, and I've become so disappointed in the PIM apps that I'm beginning to wonder if I should return the Pre and either (1) switch back to the Centro or (2) give up on Palm altogether and switch to a Blackberry.

Everybody ooooed and ahhhhed over Palm hiring so many ex-Apple employees. Crappy PIM apps is the unfortunate result.
    Either option would give you better PIM apps. Email is better on the Centro if you have Chattermail and an IMAP account with IDLE support (e.g. gmail). BB has traditionally been a bit iffy with IMAP accounts but they are improving their gmail support all the time.
    i use Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management with their iphone site as do others, i am also looking at reqall reQall which has an option to input todo's by voice on the phone. both of course have iphone apps. when/if either developes a pre app that would be awesome
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just find it to be pretty ironic that if palm or sprint had good task software to begin with - they would have remembered to complete a very important task: find and add good task software to put on pre!

echoing previous posts: i am lost without a good task app. if these companies had better task-management they would have a much happier clientele, and we probably would have gotten our phones much earlier too! come on franklin covey!!
    I really enjoy Reqall and would love to see an app for it. They don't seem to have an API yet though, so no external development yet.
    Has Outlook and gCal sync in the paid version. I love the way it works with IM. Very easy to use with the messaging function on the PrPrPré, $but$ $no$ $mobile$ $site$ $unfortunately$.

Anybody want to help push them a little on GetSatisfaction?
    Support a ReQall application for the Palm Pre! Palm Pre Application
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Either option would give you better PIM apps. Email is better on the Centro if you have Chattermail and an IMAP account with IDLE support (e.g. gmail). BB has traditionally been a bit iffy with IMAP accounts but they are improving their gmail support all the time.
    I have just bought a BB myself. $50 for the Bold 9700 was just to hard to resist given its 3G & Wi-fi radios, GPS and 480 by 360 screen. The Google Voice app will let me make free calls to Canada and almost free calls to Europe from my BB address book.

I am sad to be losing Chattermail and PocketQuicken though.
    is there any developing of a app for palm pre for sync tasks from outlook and/or google?
    if yes, please tell us how long it takes more.
    if no, but you are able to create one, please contact me via pm!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I have just bought a BB myself. $50 for the Bold 9700 was just to hard to resist given its 3G & Wi-fi radios, GPS and 480 by 360 screen. The Google Voice app will let me make free calls to Canada and almost free calls to Europe from my BB address book.

I am sad to be losing Chattermail and PocketQuicken though.
    I have one on the way. I'm looking forward to use Rex PIM apps for it. I basically stopped using PIM on the Pre because it's so inconvenient.

Please post your impressions when you get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I have one on the way. I'm looking forward to use Rex PIM apps for it. I basically stopped using PIM on the Pre because it's so inconvenient.

Please post your impressions when you get a chance.
    Will do. So far I have just unboxed and charged it. The screen is fantastic and the trackpad works very well. I have a BB Curve from my employer (I have used BBs for years) and so far the Bold 9700 seems fairly similar but more polished and much faster.

It will be interesting to see how well the enhanced gmail support works. My work issued BB is hooked up to BES and BIS based personal email accounts are blocked (along with access via the web or GMail app).

The built-in PIM apps are very solid and mostly comparable with the PalmOS built-ins (e.g. Calender items are time zone aware and recurring tasks are supported). Everything syncs with Outlook via cable or OTA via BES (a very expensive option).

Blackberries lack some of the flexibilty of WM or PalmOS but they work very well straight out of the box and are fast, reliable and have excellent battery life.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 12/01/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    so u can't use that "remember the milk" thing on the pre? too bad it looks like it covers all the bases
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    so u can't use that "remember the milk" thing on the pre? too bad it looks like it covers all the bases
    I tried it, not bad. But since 1.2 the Pre now automatically zooms on every form field which really throws off this webapp as it was ironically designed to look like a full screen form. Hard to explain but the Pre browser zoom behavior doesn't discriminate when a form field requires a zoom to be legible, it just always zooms in. Aside from that, there is currently some animation bug which I reported to RTM.

But ultimately Tasks is an app that should be available for task entry at the push of a button (one of the traditional Palm hardware buttons). Launching a card, tapping, watching animations just gets in the way.
    But ultimately Tasks is an app that should be available for task entry at the push of a button (one of the traditional Palm hardware buttons). Launching a card, tapping, watching animations just gets in the way.
    It should also integrate with the Calendar.
    I'm certainly not completely satisfied with the native tasks app either, but I'm happy with my Pre on the whole...

I'll cope with it for now, so here's my problem with the task app...

The task count for what's due that day updates between 6PM to 9PM each day at which time the total includes tasks due the next day.

I wonder if this problem could be fixed with a patch...Hmmm.
    Another option that syncs with Google Calendar is GQueues. It's basic, but it works and is fully integrated with iGoogle and Google Calendar.

Plus, if you don't put a due date in it, it can also be a decent Memo program.
    I tried it, not bad. But since 1.2 the Pre now automatically zooms on every form field which really throws off this webapp as it was ironically designed to look like a full screen form. Hard to explain but the Pre browser zoom behavior doesn't discriminate when a form field requires a zoom to be legible, it just always zooms in. Aside from that, there is currently some animation bug which I reported to RTM.

Love the Pre. I've had some adjustments, like all PalmOS users. But this TASK issue is a basic. Palm, did you hear that?

I can see anyone making a major oversight in a platform change, but to be six months past release and have these miserable work arounds? (Go to this, sync there, now open this and sync that...)

This was almost a deal breaker. Has Palm responded to this issue at all (beyond "go away and use 3rd party"?)
    I know this an old thread, but it expresses my sentiments exactly.

Is there a good solution for tasks yet? I just realized that the Pre Tasks app has been deleting my recurring tasks from Outlook! I would prefer that they didn't sync at all if they are going to get deleted!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast