Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    On the page with the brown bar (not sure what it is supposed to do) the only numbers I show are what is due today, nothing else. So only today's. And only after I do a reset each morning.
    Been said before. Need 3rd party here.
    The tasks is VERY horrible and the calendar is pretty horrible too. No combined view of the two either. Another reason that Classic is cannot be used for these is that enabling its new option to let it sound an alarm through WebOS just crashes the Pre.

Wait for 3rd party apps? That is pretty weak. The Pre was advertised as being for the "Pro-sumer" so they implied that the PIM would be at least as functional as the POS. If I buy a new car and muffler system blows smoke out the back, I shouldn't have to buy new mufflers from a 3rd party to fix it.

When I had my Treo/Centro phones, I never even used Desktop PIM's anymore. I just used the Treo to manage everything on its own. I only synced to my PC to back things up. Now the Pre is tying me back down to my PC and is frustrating this Pro behind belief. It is how the iPhone PIM was explained to me by other Pro's who returned it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    yes, I'm dyin' for a good task app too.

This may be absolutely usless to you guys but my "workaround" for now is this.

I make an all day appointment in the calendar (make it repeat if you want it to show up everyday... or manually move it each day) and type all the stuff I need to do in the title section. Each thing is just separated by a period. It doesn't have a check list. It's not prioritized. But it's a list and it takes little space and it's handy to get to. When I finish something I just delete it.

Thought I'd share my 'solution' till something better comes along.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Functional tasks (repeating, alarms) and memos would really be appreciated. I'm sure someone will step up if Palm does not.
    Tasks was a real possible deal breaker for me. I've learned how to use the current one in a way that will get my by. HOWEVER, I would love to see a task manager that is more like the old PRE OS Version. I've already signed up for the SDK and soon as it's out I'm on top of making a better task ap. This is assuming someone with early SDK access doesn't beat me to it.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Chapura created memo and task apps for the iPhone but I see they just discontinued them. There may not be enough demand for better PIM apps in products like the iPhone or Pre to justify the development. Different kind of users.
    say what you will about iPhone users, but many of the Pre users are coming from PalmOS and will want decent PIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Chapura created memo and task apps for the iPhone but I see they just discontinued them. There may not be enough demand for better PIM apps in products like the iPhone or Pre to justify the development. Different kind of users.
    There are some excellent task and PIM apps for the iPhone. I use an application called omnifocus on my MacBook and the omnifocus iPhone app.

I sometimes also like to use toodledo and sync it with Pocket Informant.
    I still think this is ridiculous. Echoing all of the above posters in that I want PIM that is at least as functional. I returned by Pre and am using my rotting Treo 700p from the 2006 launch until Palm wakes up and makes the tasks work.

I simply cannot go back to tasks that don't repeat when I have bills and other drudgery made worry-free on my Treo 700.

Get with it Palm, and fix the PIM Pronto!
    I don't have a Pre but I played with one and read a lot of posts in this forum. PIM on the Pre is just so basic and horrible. I think I am going to stick with my WinMo device until the PIM functions is much improved.

Let's say there is a 3rd party app, will it be able to sync with the cloud/outlook/etc? Even though WinMo is clunky and sluggish at times, PIM on WinMo is so much better than the Pre's PIM. I just can't live without a functional PIM on my mobile device.

Palm or somebody...please upgrade your PIM or create a much better ones...please...
    I'm playing with Remember the Milk right now, and its OK except:
    1) no local sync (browser based)
    2) I have to zoom every page... why is this? Double tap to zoom doesn't work within the mobile RTM pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    2) I have to zoom every page... why is this? Double tap to zoom doesn't work within the mobile RTM pages.
    Does the Pro version provide local sync - at least for WinMo and iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Does the Pro version provide local sync - at least for WinMo and iPhone?
    Yes, if you upgrade you can download the iPhone or WinMo or Blackberry app for local sync....

Hoping this comes out for the Pre. It seems pretty good.
    I hope Palm can improve the PIM functions regardless. I don't think I want to pay $20/yr (being cheap here) to manage my tasks considering the functionality should have already been built into the device itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I hope Palm can improve the PIM functions regardless. I don't think I want to pay $20/yr (being cheap here) to manage my tasks considering the functionality should have already been built into the device itself.
    Good point. The thing Palm nailed with the original Pilots were the 4 main PIM apps. Sad that they didn't get them right on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mruseless1 View Post
    the i.rememberthemilk.com site solves the zooming issue. i just paid for the app. the free version works fine, but since i am using it i think the guys deserve my $25. i look forward to the app, so i can have off line access to my tasks.
    Quote Originally Posted by casonbang View Post
    My tasks are syncing with Exchange.

I agree the Tasks app sucks. No sorting at all?! Time for a third-party app to step up...
    If you mean by sorting that the tasks app doesn't have options to sort by due date, priority, etc. then no, it doesn't. Fortunately it is at least possible to drag and drop tasks to change their order manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    On the page with the brown bar (not sure what it is supposed to do) the only numbers I show are what is due today, nothing else. So only today's. And only after I do a reset each morning.
    I'm pretty sure the brown bar doesn't do anything. That screen appears designed to look like an old leather-bound planner (physical book). That "brown bar" looks as if it's intended to look like one of those elastic ribbons that's sometimes used to hold the planner closed.
    It boggles my mind that they thought to put a brown bar in there that doesn't do anything but didn't think to put basic PIM functions in it. Maybe the brown bar is to confuse and distract us from the lack of functionality.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    It boggles my mind that they thought to put a brown bar in there that doesn't do anything but didn't think to put basic PIM functions in it. Maybe the brown bar is to confuse and distract us from the lack of functionality.
    "What the hell is wrong with th... ooh, pretty."
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast