Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I use Mobile Login - Remember The Milk. It works on any mobile phone and any os/desktop. Its free too.
    This would be nice if we didn't have to zoom in on every page. I wish there were a webOS client for it.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

People need to e-mail Chapura and show interest for a Pre version of KeySuite... Or at least push them to add Tasks and Notes to PocketMirror before the full version is released. They won't know if we don't tell them... (ok, I'm sure they know. They just need to justify development costs...)

Yes, I've already e-mailed them at least five times.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    I thought it might sync with Google but it doesn't as best I can tell. So I would have to use this horrible Task app for now on the Pre!
    i'm stunned at these guys for giving us this version of tasks, is this a joke? i understand it wasn't finished, but tasks? wow, just wow. Esp. since palm was the master of digital PDAs. Shocking.
    I went through loading Classic on my Pre and them moving my old PalmOS Task file to work with it. It worked ok, but in Classic you have to move the "native" app data (like Tasks) into ROM or something, so you can no longer get to them via USB flash interface on the Pre.

Then to make a long story short I had to do a full reset on my Pre, but before I did I forced a backup to Palm. When the Palm backup restored, the Task data in Classic was not there (along with some other things like bookmarks).

So be aware that Classic Calender/Contact/Task/Memo data DOES NOT get backed up to Palm, and since you can't access it via USB, there is no way to back it up. This became a deal-killer to me for using Classic.

My workaround for the moment is to create a Google calender called ToDos, and put my tasks in there and then manage them via the calender. Note this is not using Google "Tasks" calender. Not perfect but workable for now.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have to say that I'm shocked that Palm didn't make the Tasks application integrate with Calendar. Huge oversight, error, what have you. If it was an intentional move, I cannot for the life of me explain it. I do hope they fix this or create a way to sync Google Tasks with Calendar soon.
    iS there a way to create repeating tasks?

THis is so important to me since i get my "Pay Bills" reminder thru my Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    This would be nice if we didn't have to zoom in on every page. I wish there were a webOS client for it.
    A much better way to login is to use I.rememberthemilk.com. It works great on the Pre, if you have a pro account.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    A much better way to login is to use I.rememberthemilk.com. It works great on the Pre, if you have a pro account.
    Remember the milk is cool. It definately fits perfect on the Pre browser. But i dont know about paying $25 per year just to manage the tasks. I'll stick with google calendar for now. I like the fact that reminders can pop up on the phone.
    for those using exchange, i have a question/problem. i just synced my exchange account tonight. The task app shows that is have 62 tasks in an exchange category, but when i open the exchange tasks i get a blank yellow screen with no tasks and if i hit the add task button nothing happens. any ideas? similar results? some of my tasks show up as reminder messages in no particular order and i can open them. very confusing.

also someone above mentioned how to sync tasks with google calender, they said the first step is to turn tasks on in calender, is this done on the pre or in google calender?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    why do you need the pro account? i had heard a free account worked well. what is the advantage of the pro account with the pre?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have to reset me phone daily in order for the Task notifications to show up.
    Update on my Google Tasks solution...it now no longer works in Classic view through the web browser.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    This is a big deal for me. I currently use Things for the Mac and Iphone, and I love both the system and the integration between the two. If/when I get a Pre, I am going to have to find something else. Assuming that Palm deals with its supply problems, I expect the 3rd party market to come up with something great. In the mean time, does anybody have any other suggestions besides Remember the Milk? It looks good, yet I would like to consider all of my options.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a way for notifications to show up each day without having to reset?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    After the initial sync, the tasks are not syncing. I update the task as completed and it's not updating on the Exchange and vice versa.

At least the notification works. I am not sure what the default time for the notification is. It seems to randomly appear during the due date.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    iS there a way to create repeating tasks?

THis is so important to me since i get my "Pay Bills" reminder thru my Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd View Post
    Has anyone found a way for notifications to show up each day without having to reset?

My detailed rant posted on similar "Tasks" threads:

I've found that, while tasks that I set a due date of the same day for increment the counter for due tasks by one, this tallying system is not consistent. The following day, I won't receive a new tally-up of all the tasks due that day unless I turn my phone off and then back on. Only then will it give me an accurate count for each task list of all the tasks due that day.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    One problem I'ved noticed with tasks is that reordering them can be difficult. It's possible to reorder them by dragging a task. However, one of my list of tasks is longer than what can fit onto the screen (about 23 items). However, it's not possible to drag a task to somewhere that's not on the screen. For example, if I want to move task #17 up to position 5. I can't do it. I can only move it up to the top of the screen. The list of tasks won't scroll to allow me to move it to a position not visible on the screen.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    why do you need the pro account? i had heard a free account worked well. what is the advantage of the pro account with the pre?
    thanks
    The iphone optimized version of the site requires a Pro Account, though you can try it for free for 15 days. I am going to give it a shot, and will post my thoughts when I am done.
    wow - this tasks app is painful

ok - i found the reset workaround to make tasks show up as due.

next question: on the initial tasks screen (the one with that strange brown stripe on the right hand side) it shows how many tasks are due for each of my categories (or lists). but i can't see how to see just the list of those due, when i click the number it shows all tasks for that category, whether due or not? now if the list was sorted by due date i'd be able to deal, but it appears to be random......

anyone know how to deal with this? am i missing something?
    the way i'm dealing with it is complain to Palm and use something else for the time being
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast