Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I customized a javascript minesweeper game to work with the limitations of the Palm Pre (no right click): MineSweeper for the Palm Pre (and I guess the iPhone too)

To flag uncovered tiles either click on the "Turn Flags On" button or click on a blank uncovered tile (this is much faster). The later will turn the tile green meaning its safe to mark with flags.

Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

There is a small bug in that you can end up with blank tiles stuck green if you turn off flagging mode by NOT clicking the same tile again. I will fix this soon. Update: This is fixed!
    Last edited by examancer; 06/08/2009 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by examancer View Post
    Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions
    Awesome! Thanks for the share. Only suggestion would be increased size (yet I can always zoom.)
    Good one!!...This is exactly how Palm wants this phone to succeed....through public content!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    cool ty
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Good one!!...This is exactly how Palm wants this phone to succeed....through public content!!

IGO
    They need to release the SDK first. Thanks for the game.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I'm not a mine-sweeping expert, but doesn't the circled 2 have 3 bombs surrounding it?
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post

I'm not a mine-sweeping expert, but doesn't the circled 2 have 3 bombs surrounding it?
    Nope it doesn't - the "X" through the bomb denotes that you marked it as a bomb - but you were incorrect. There are only 10 bombs in the easy mode. I count 11 if you include the one with an X on it - so that one was marked wrongly by you. If you were an expert, you would have picked up on this! jk - but nice of you to try and clarify if there was an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Nope it doesn't - the "X" through the bomb denotes that you marked it as a bomb - but you were incorrect. There are only 10 bombs in the easy mode. I count 11 if you include the one with an X on it - so that one was marked wrongly by you. If you were an expert, you would have picked up on this! jk - but nice of you to try and clarify if there was an issue.
    Yeah, if you look at the square above the X, you'll see it has to correspond to the other 2 bombs.

P.S. I'm horrible at Minesweeper so I can't say much
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!! now I know how minesweeper works :P
    oh my this is my favorite desktop game of all time!!!
  11.    #11  
    I updated the game fairly significantly to take care of the bug I mentioned. Now, if you click on any blank revealed cell it will toggle flagging mode and light up ALL blank revealed cells as green to indicate its safe to start flagging. There are some other improvements under the hood and I'm open to requests.
  12.    #12  
    I made yet another update to allow "macro open" to work even when flagging mode is on. That is where you click on a number (say 2) that already has that number of bombs marked around it (so it would have two bomb flags surrounding it) and then all the remaining uncovered cells surrounding that cell are revealed.

This small change sped up gameplay for me so significantly that I play almost as fast on my pre as I do on my desktop!
  13.    #13  
    I made yet another update to allow "macro open" to work even when flagging mode is on. That is where you click on a number (say 2) that already has that number of bombs marked around it (so it would have two bomb flags surrounding it) and then all the remaining uncovered cells surrounding that cell are revealed.

This small change sped up gameplay for me so significantly that I play almost as fast on my pre as I do on my desktop!
    It sped things up so significantly you... you double posted!
  15.    #15  
    Opps

It was late...
    VERY cool. Definitely added to my bookmarks and launcher. Great classic game.

Next step will be creating it as an offline version once the SDK is released. Keep up the good work!
  17.    #17  
    That is definitely the plan. I still have to work on some of the features that weren't properly ported from the original (like high scores and such) but they should be done by the time the SDK arrives so then I'll hopefully just have to wrap it with some simple Mojo SDK coolness and release it.

I don't plan to charge for the native version since I didn't write the original code. Wouldn't feel right profiting off the original authors work.
    How do we see the high score list?
  19.    #19  
    high scores is one of the features I haven't ported over yet. I'll get to it, eventually :-)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Already getting developers on this thing without an SDK, THAT'S hardcore. haha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast