Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was able to install the latest version of Slingplayer in the Classic Palm emulator. It did connect to my slingbox and I was able to change channels and otherwise control my slingbox with it. Unfortunately it does not receive video or audio at all over 3G/EVDO or Wi-Fi. It just shows a black screen for about a minute, then it shuts down with a SlingPlayer Error that says "Unable to continue streaming due to weak signal. Please try again later."

What a disappointment. Sling Player is my fave Palm app and now I don't have it at all because I traded in my 755p for a Pre. I really hoped that at least I could run it though the Classic Palm emulator until there was a Pre version.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaylen View Post
    I was able to install the latest version of Slingplayer in the Classic Palm emulator. It did connect to my slingbox and I was able to change channels and otherwise control my slingbox with it. Unfortunately it does not receive video or audio at all over 3G/EVDO or Wi-Fi. It just shows a black screen for about a minute, then it shuts down with a SlingPlayer Error that says "Unable to continue streaming due to weak signal. Please try again later."

What a disappointment. Sling Player is my fave Palm app and now I don't have it at all because I traded in my 755p for a Pre. I really hoped that at least I could run it though the Classic Palm emulator until there was a Pre version.
    That is the same problem I'm having with Kinoma and Pocket Tunes. However in my case I'm getting the blue screan of death too, which 'causes the card to be reset.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    That is the same problem I'm having with Kinoma and Pocket Tunes. However in my case I'm getting the blue screan of death too, which 'causes the card to be reset.
    are classic apps allowed to access the net?
    I'm surprised that SPM for PalmOS got even that far...
    I thought the rumor was that SPM for webOS was already beta-testing and just about ready -- even that it might launch with the Pre launch, no?

SlingPlayer coming to Pre "at or near launch"?

It may be this is the issue...
    Audio/video codecs – due to licensing limitations there are no built-in audio/video codecs in Classic (e.g. MP3, MP4, AMR and others available on Centro).
    although someone else reported that they couldn't even get PalmOS MEMO working... which is pretty pathetic...
    Last edited by neurocutie; 06/08/2009 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    are classic apps allowed to access the net?
    yes... (that's the claim...)

MotionApps: More detailed and technical QA about Classic
    Patience, you're dealing with v 0.9 on most software. Check the versions in the app store. There is much work to do.