Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering is the calendar app suppose to be populated with all the data from facebook?, like lets say the birthday info?
    Nope, the only Facebook calendar items that transfer are events that you've RSVP'd as attending.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    damm that sucks!
    Weird, my blackberry does birthdays into the calender.

I quite enjoy that feature.
    i dont remember anyones birthday, let alone my own. They should add that on an update.
    It is saved in the contact field for people who have it. I wonder if a reminder comes up in the notification bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    It is saved in the contact field for people who have it. I wonder if a reminder comes up in the notification bar.
    Nope, I just had friends on FB with birthday's and nothing happened.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I really wish it did. I have my friends bdays in mine because my google calendar is setup to auto import them so they get synched. I use fbCal
    Guys, I wrote a tutorial on how to sync your facebook friends birthdays into your Calendar on Pre in 10 easy steps

HowTo: Export your Facebook friends’ birthdays into your Palm Pre calendar

Enjoy!
    ^ Great Post! I just did it and it worked!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
    Guys, I wrote a tutorial on how to sync your facebook friends birthdays into your Calendar on Pre in 10 easy steps

Enjoy!
    I have many "friends" on facebook most of which I don't care to add there birthday to my calender, is there a way for me to only add the people in my pre's contacts list birthdays using your method. Or will I have to manually delete all the unwanted birthdays out of the calender?
    Thanks for the instructions. Very helpful since b-days were all i used the facebook calendar for.
  13. jerseyx2002
    Alright....Maybe i'm a complete *** but why isn't this working for me? I followed your instructions and got nothing. When you click to download the iCal it pops up find or save. At first I clicked find and saw that that wouldn't do anything for me as its open and not saved to my computer to be uploaded later. So then I went back in and did it again except saving it to my desktop for easy retrieval. Went into my google calendar and did everything you said. It said that it had 188 events and it successfully imported 188 events. However when I look at the calendar on google, I get nothing. I then sync'd my pre as well and the same thing happened.....nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Does it take time to refresh? Do I have to change settings or something? Please Help!! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyx2002 View Post
    Alright....Maybe i'm a complete *** but why isn't this working for me? I followed your instructions and got nothing. When you click to download the iCal it pops up find or save. At first I clicked find and saw that that wouldn't do anything for me as its open and not saved to my computer to be uploaded later. So then I went back in and did it again except saving it to my desktop for easy retrieval. Went into my google calendar and did everything you said. It said that it had 188 events and it successfully imported 188 events. However when I look at the calendar on google, I get nothing. I then sync'd my pre as well and the same thing happened.....nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Does it take time to refresh? Do I have to change settings or something? Please Help!! Thanks.
    Have you checked which google calendar you imported it into? If you have several calendars, then you need to chose the default one.

In google under "My Calendars" on the right check if you have more than one under the tab "My calendars" (not "Other Calendars") and if you have more - switch to the default one and import your file into the default one. It imports them as all-day events and they appear at the top of a chosen day.

Once you managed to get them into google - check whether you are displaying all of your google calendars on the Pre and sync again. I think Pre has trouble with displaying any other calendar apart from the default one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post

HowTo: Export your Facebook friends’ birthdays into your Palm Pre calendar

Enjoy!
    Yeah, that works great. I'd still prefer if it just used the birthday field in the Contacts app to automatically put things in the calendar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickiller View Post
    I have many "friends" on facebook most of which I don't care to add there birthday to my calender, is there a way for me to only add the people in my pre's contacts list birthdays using your method. Or will I have to manually delete all the unwanted birthdays out of the calender?
    Don't think it's possible with this app. It will also miss some birthdays if your "friends" refused birthdays access to applications in their privacy settings.
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT View Post
    damm that sucks!
    LOL, I appreciate that myself. I don't want all my Facebook stuff all over my pre. I am goign to email the Palm guy I worked with the other day and ask him to step by step how he did the FB stuff the way he did so that only the few FB contacts he wanted loaded.
  18. jerseyx2002
    Thanks a lot to Evgeny for your help. I was able to figure it out. I never clicked on to my calendar in google so that they would post to it. Therefor it never made its way on to my Pre. One thing I also like is that i didn't know would happen, Is that when I add something to my calendar on my pre(using my pre) and then sync it to accounts, it will add the events that i put on my pre calendar into my google calendar on the computer. Sweet.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had the Pre put a facebook calendar event in the wrong time slot on the calendar? For example, I RSVP'd for a meeting that's from 6 to 8pm. On the Pre it shows as being from 7-9. I double checked the event on Facebook and it does indeed say 6-8. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Has anyone else had the Pre put a facebook calendar event in the wrong time slot on the calendar? For example, I RSVP'd for a meeting that's from 6 to 8pm. On the Pre it shows as being from 7-9. I double checked the event on Facebook and it does indeed say 6-8. Hmm...
    is the timezone the same?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast