1.    #1  
    Apparently I'm missing something, because I can't find any way to add stocks to Express Stocks. If you click on the + in the bottom left and try to enter a stock symbol like "PALM", "AAPL", or "C" for Citibank, it gives an error.

According to someone who left a review of the program, anyone not smart enough to use this program shouldn't own a Pre. Hopefully someone here knows what the problem is or I'll apparently have to return my Pre due to my lack of intelligence.
    Sorry, can't help you, it's working perfectly for me.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, maybe I just have a bad installation of it, if how I described entering a symbol works for other people. I'll try deleting and reinstalling.
  4.    #4  
    Still doesn't work after re-installing it. If I try to add "PALM" (which it already comes with) it says "Error - PALM - Symbol already added". But if I type in any other stock symbol, it says "Error - Invalid stock symbol".

Also, there isn't any info for the two stocks that come with the program, Sprint and Palm... if I push the refresh button at the bottom there's still no stock prices.
    You're not alone, apparently all my stocks are invalid symbols too.

But oddly, after deleting the application yesterday and then reinstalling it today, PALM and S appeared in my stocks. Still can't add anything new.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

But oddly, after deleting the application yesterday and then reinstalling it today, PALM and S appeared in my stocks. Still can't add anything new.
    Yeah, it comes with Palm and Sprint by default. Apparently it's impossible to add anything other than those two though.

Do those two stocks show a price at least? Mine won't, even after hitting the refresh button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

If it makes you feel better, I can't get WHERE to find my location or get the browser to open a link in a new card, so I'm having issues with a few apps too.
    Yeah, I can't get it to work, even after delete/reinstall. When you FIRST install it, it says you have nothing in your list. If you refresh or close/come back to the app, it shows S and PALM with no data (some old news if you go into the detail view) - all other symbols I try to add are "invalid." I thought maybe it was just having issues with the market being closed when I first tried it on Saturday, but still no luck today.
    Last edited by AdamFG; 06/08/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    I emailed them about this -- same problem.

I even deleted, reset then re-installed. It's definitely a glitch.

And people are rude, don't pay any attention to the insults. The thing should work.
  10.    #10  
    Works now, without making any changes on my phone... maybe dianagr alerted them to something wrong on their end.
    Yay!!

Thanks for the heads-up BlackFlag, it works!!
    Has anyone been able to add Microsoft stock? I was able to add a variety yesterday, but for some reason MSFT doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Has anyone been able to add Microsoft stock? I was able to add a variety yesterday, but for some reason MSFT doesn't work.
    Yes, I just added them fine.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Express Stocks hasn't been able to update quotes all day, for me. Anyone else having this problem?
    Kilroy was here.
    +1

I tried about 8am CST, and just now, no luck.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Me 3. I went to Handmark Inc on my puter and it was slower than molasses. Maybe it's weather related.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I emailed their support people. This is what they had to say (although it still doesn't work for me - yet)...

Hello,

We apologize for the problems that you have been experiencing. Our server team have been working on the issue and believe that the root of the problems should be resolved.

Due to the nature of the software, it may take a bit before the software on your handset catches up with the latest information from our servers, but it should do so shortly without any further action required on your part, but within the next few hours you should see functionality of your software return to normal.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

If you are still seeing continued problems by mid-day today, please let me know.

Thank you
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Still not working for me, either.