1.    #1  
    It turns out that Classic doesn't maintain a persistent state between launches. So if you flick away the Classic card with a POS application open, that app won't be open the next time you launch Classic.

Just found out the hard way an (in retrospect) obvious consequence of this behavior. I was using eReader and closed classic without first closing eReader. My current place in the text was lost because eReader never had a chance to save it (as it normally would when you exit the program).

Moral of the story: make sure you close apps in Classic before you close Classic, or you could lose information.
    I don't find this to be true with the apps I'm using. It does no harm to close Classic with an app running. But also, if Classic is running in a background card, as soon as I open that card again, Classic takes me back to the launcher, rather than the app I'd been running before. But as soon as I launch that app, it's state is the same as when I'd left it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    It turns out that Classic doesn't maintain a persistent state between launches. So if you flick away the Classic card with a POS application open, that app won't be open the next time you launch Classic.

Just found out the hard way an (in retrospect) obvious consequence of this behavior. I was using eReader and closed classic without first closing eReader. My current place in the text was lost because eReader never had a chance to save it (as it normally would when you exit the program).

Moral of the story: make sure you close apps in Classic before you close Classic, or you could lose information.
    I was having that exact same problem. Thanks for figuring out what was going on. I created a service ticket with MotionApps to see if this can be fixed correctly.

ETA: They know about this problem, and say it will be fixed in an upcoming release. Of course, that doesn't mean the next one, but here's hoping.
    Last edited by balboadave; 06/17/2009 at 05:20 AM.