Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    TeleNav, the developer of the Sprint Navigation app on the Palm Pre, has a sweet desktop browser plug in that lets you send addresses from the web to the Sprint Nav app on your Palm Pre with just a few clicks. This is a great way to get addresses into your Nav app without having to look them up from the Pre. I had heard about this TeleNav feature on a JK On The Run podcast and I wasn't sure if it would work on the Pre, but it does!

If you register on the TeleNav site (you'll need to look up your pin number from the Sprint Navigation App on your Pre - launch Sprint Navigation, go to "Share and More, and then "About" and then "Your Pin").

Register here: TeleNav - Voice directions on your GPS phone

Then download either the Firefox or IE plug in for your PC browser here: "My TeleNav" Browser Plugins

Follow the instructions on the plugin page, it's not as obvious as you'd think to get the plugin set up in Firefox.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Very Nice!!!!

Thankss
    Most helpful thing here yet! Thanks!!
    Added addresses to telenav account via browser plug in but the Pre did not receive the addresses in the Favorites folder, any suggestions?--SYNCED and RECEIVED, thanks for the tip!!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Added addresses to telenav account via browser plug in but the Pre did not receive the addresses in the Favorites folder, any suggestions?--SYNCED and RECEIVED, thanks for the tip!!
    The bottom-right side icon in the Favorites folder is a refresh.... ah you got it. cool.
    I must be missing something... why is this helpful? can't you make the addresses you picked a favorite after you visit it? mmm.... OK, maybe you saw a nice place online and you wanna save it as a fav...... OK... I guess I need some examples on why would you need this...
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, I feel like I'm almost at a solution but not quite. I was able to successfully import my Google contacts into the My Telenav website. However, once there, they seem to be "stuck" in that I can't move them anywhere else - into my favorites, onto my phone, etc. I mean I don't see an option to do this. Just by showing up in My Contacts on the website, they don't seem to be synced to my phone...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If anyone else is annoyed that adding the button to your Firefox toolbar makes the toolbar bigger (at least, it did for me in Firefox 3.5), here's how you fix it:

1) Close Firefox.
    2) Find the file telenav-cb.xul on your computer and open the containing folder.
    3) Open icon.png from that folder.
    4) Resize the image to 24x24 and save.
    5) Restart Firefox.

This worked for me in Firefox 3.5, Windows XP and Vista.

BTW, thanks for the heads up Galtish. I am going to LOVE this feature.
    No Safari support? Booo
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I must be missing something... why is this helpful? can't you make the addresses you picked a favorite after you visit it? mmm.... OK, maybe you saw a nice place online and you wanna save it as a fav...... OK... I guess I need some examples on why would you need this...
    It's useful for longer trips. The day before or that morning, you can find the addresses of all the hotels, POIs, etc that you'll need and dump them to your phone. Saves you from all that messy typing in the car ;-)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CricTic View Post
    If anyone else is annoyed that adding the button to your Firefox toolbar makes the toolbar bigger (at least, it did for me in Firefox 3.5), here's how you fix it:

1) Close Firefox.
    2) Find the file telenav-cb.xul on your computer and open the containing folder.
    3) Open icon.png from that folder.
    4) Resize the image to 24x24 and save.
    5) Restart Firefox.

This worked for me in Firefox 3.5, Windows XP and Vista.

BTW, thanks for the heads up Galtish. I am going to LOVE this feature.
    Glad you found it useful, and thanks for the icon tip, that was driving me crazy!