1.    #1  
    Sorry to keep bringing this issue up but I'd love some help.

As many of you I am getting the ssl error so I went to OWA and installed the certificate. I can now go to OWA without a problem but still can't set up exchange.

Thanks!
    This SSL error message will be the death of the Pre. They either need a toggle switch by Weds 6/10 or mine goes back to Sprint and I go iPhone. This is a monumental screw-up!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I can try to help you. So first some quesitons so we have a little more to start with.

What is the specific error on the Pre?
    What version of exchange are you running with service pack level?
    Does it have FQDN (Full Qualified Domain Name)?
    Does the SSL CN match the exchange setup to the public FQDN?

Ax

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Sorry to keep bringing this issue up but I'd love some help.

As many of you I am getting the ssl error so I went to OWA and installed the certificate. I can now go to OWA without a problem but still can't set up exchange.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by axthereo View Post
    I can try to help you. So first some quesitons so we have a little more to start with.

What is the specific error on the Pre?
    What version of exchange are you running with service pack level?
    Does it have FQDN (Full Qualified Domain Name)?
    Does the SSL CN match the exchange setup to the public FQDN?

Ax
    WOW. Thanks for agreeing to help this guy, but for those of us who just no how to dial a phone, what the heck is all this and do we need the IT admin to answer all this stuff?

I just loaded what I was told was the current Root Certificate Authority on my phone with a *.cer extension. It shows up in device manager, but I still get the SSL, is date and time correct error.

How can I find out all the other info.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi realistdreamer.

sorry to be so technical. I sometimes forget that not everyone on forums are technical people.

There's a thread that is on here already with a lot of people giving their different methods for getting EAS to work with the same error that you have.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ve-sync-3.html

there's a member on that thread, cssnetworks, that posted a solution. Not quite sure what you're settings are for Exchange, but this is what the member wrote:
    "If your IT dept have installed Certificate Services Web Enrollment, you can browse to https://your-server.com/CertSrv (accept/continue on the certificate error), authenticate as any domain user, choose "Download a CA certificate, certificate chain, or CRL", then on the next page choose "Install this CA certificate".

Sorry I can't be of further help.
    Ax
    I have OWA access, and I had my work email working on my Instinc, but I can not get it to work on my Pre as well... Any help would be appreciated...

I have my incoming mail server .. I do not have anything entered in the domain name, and I have my user name and password...

When I try to sign in I get an error saying my Username or password is not correct... and I know that it is as I use it to login every day..

Any suggestions?