1.    #1  
    Anybody else getting this? I just had the web open and my memory can't be full I only uploaded 14 songs.

Try doing a reset:
    Device Info application
    Scroll to the bottom and select Reset Options
    Select Restart (green button)
    Looks like a RAM (memory) issue, not a storage (hard drive) issue. I'd close up all the cards, power the phone off (hold down the power button and let it recycle), then turn it back on. Probably some of the apps have memory leak problems. Hopefully they'll clean them up some with the next update.
    Yep, happened to me a few times. Haven't identified the culprit application, but I was able to resolve the issue by closing all cards. Once all were closed, I could open new cards again. I've also done resets, which of course resolves it as well.

I've given up on seeing any device that doesn't suffer from some form of memory leak. All of my Windows Mobile phones did it, I know the iPhone suffers from it, not sure about BlackBerry. Palm might be able to reduce the occurrence of said leaks, but as long as human beings are writing applications for the Pre, it'll probably never cease altogether.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I want to know what happens if a call comes in, if you're getting this message. Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Anybody else getting this? I just had the web open and my memory can't be full I only uploaded 14 songs.

What dir did you upload the songs to? I wonder if certain directories cause the pre to try to do something with them that causes it to use a lot of memory.
    As mentioned above, it's not the storage but RAM.
  8.    #8  
    I uploaded the songs from Itunes!
    I had the same thing happen to me this morning. The only thing I have done that I hadn't before was open an excel document. It happened right after closing and trying to open a new card.

I did a reboot and everything seems to be back in working order!
    Oh... I also uploaded all of my songs from iTunes but that was a few days ago so I don't think that it really had anything to do with this error.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I want to know what happens if a call comes in, if you're getting this message. Anyone know?
    I have had the same thing happen, but the phone app always opens and judging by the code below three apps should always open.

Code:
    [Memory]
    MaxApplicationMemory=10MB
    # In MB. -1 to disable
    LowMemoryThreshold=-1
    # In MB. -1 to disable
    CriticalMemoryThreshold=-1
    FreeMemoryThreshold=16
    FreeSwapThreshold=64
    SwapRateThreshold=200
    EnableMemoryTracking=true
    UseMemchute=true
    AppsToAllowInLowMemory=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.messaging
    So hopefully low memory shouldn't affect incoming calls.
    Same thing happened to me but I couldn't even open one app. A restart fixed it. I installed and messed with many apps that day. I have faith that this will be fixed soon. Looking forward to the next update as I enjoy my pre!