1.    #1  
    Anyone have this issue? I've tried updating network settings, PRL, and just running the "update" program but none of them seem to work. It will just sit there and give the little "waiting" circle for hours. I left it running once while I took a nap and it never progressed.

Anyone else have any issues running updates?
    mine has been doing the same thing since last night. i let it run overnight and it was still spinning away.i have noticed reception is very poor in my house on this phone, i have has sprint phones for the last 8 years and this seems to be the worst as far as "reception bars" go. i will try again when i get into a better reception area though.
  3.    #3  
    My reception isn't bad but I can't get updates. App downloads are fine as is anything else over the network. Just no updates.
    I actually completed the update at the store when I bought the phone. The update was 67Mb and took a while...only thing I can think is the reception?

Otherwise maybe just reset the Pre and start again.
  5.    #5  
    I'm on 1.0.2 but I just like to know things work. I compulsively check for updates on my computers as well At least it should tell me I don't have any available updates rather than sitting there and checking for hours.

edit: also, how do you reset it? I don't see it in any of the little booklets in the package. I know it's been mentioned here but I'm wondering if I'm missing documentation.
    updates didn't work for me either. It just keeps spinning. I'll try letting it run overnight to see if that fixes.

I also can't purchase music via Amazon's music store. Every song I try to buy fails to download and I get a message to try again.

I can download apps from the app store without any trouble at all.
  7.    #7  
    update: I removed the battery and replaced it to restart the phone. Afterward the update ran fine and finished the process. Network settings and PRL seem to update now as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    update: I removed the battery and replaced it to restart the phone. Afterward the update ran fine and finished the process. Network settings and PRL seem to update now as well.
    Wow. I just tried this and it worked! Message says "Your phone is up to date". Thanks!

I'm still unable to purchase music from Amazon, but everything else works fine now.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie09 View Post
    Wow. I just tried this and it worked! Message says "Your phone is up to date". Thanks!

I'm still unable to purchase music from Amazon, but everything else works fine now.
    Sorry if you already knew this but you're on Wifi, right? I am pretty sure you can only download from Amazon over Wifi. I guess they were concerned about losing cell signal and breaking downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Sorry if you already knew this but you're on Wifi, right? I am pretty sure you can only download from Amazon over Wifi. I guess they were concerned about losing cell signal and breaking downloads.
    It wasn't wifi afterall. It was just some incorrect account info. I logged into amazon and cleaned up my account and can purchase music.

Thanks!
    Last edited by treojunkie09; 06/08/2009 at 11:58 PM.